Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are stoke the most boring team in the championship?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I was having a quick look at the league table when i noticed that stoke have a the best defence in the division, Wow! i thought, they must have a pretty healthy goal difference. But bugger me, they've only managed to score 17 (SEVENTEEN) goals all season.

Their games must be real, f:censored: ing dull...

A little like this post. Sorry.:(

Do we think Gifton Noel-Williams is to be blame? Pulis seems to think so.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Yes. They were dire last week. Shit ground, shit team, shit fans, shit game, shit policing. shit day out really.

They were awful though.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
So how long is it before we have the 'joy' of visiting Stoke? Seem to remember the game down here was pretty dull until Harding messed up!

Jan 22, 2005
shoreham by sea
The last time I ventured into that disgusting part of the world it was to the Victoria ground, I vomited at the stench of the place!
The only good thing about Stoke is Its full of Port Vale fans ( very nice people indeed)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
They've scored 18 actually. Given that Brighton have only scored 25 goals in 31 games, I don't think we should be pointing the finger.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Gwylan said:
They've scored 18 actually. Given that Brighton have only scored 25 goals in 31 games, I don't think we should be pointing the finger.

So they have. My mistake. And yes, we've only scored 25 goals ourselves. Which is 33%more than they have.

And my point was the fact that they had scored so few coupled with having the best defence in the division. Which means they not only don't ever score, but they rarely concede too. Which is something that many people consider to be detrimental to the excitement of a game. Hence, are they the most boring team in the championship?:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here