Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are relationships all they're cracked up to be?

Which are you?

• In a relationship and happy

Votes: 37 42.5%
  • In a relationship but not particularly happy

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Single and mostly happy

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • Single, but not particularly happy about it

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • Ees complicated

Votes: 12 13.8%

• Total voters

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
As I rule I try and avoid them. Mostly a pain in the a**e!

They are two completely separate lifestyles and I've been happy and less so in both.

I enjoy being single and not having to worry about anyone else. It's when I need to work late, or if that quick pint after work turns into a session that I don't need to let anyone know and risk disappointing them or spoiling plans. I like that I can do pretty much what I like, but then I've been in relationships where I haven't been constrained really anyway. Even then though I felt bad if I was going to be doing things without my partner, especially if I knew it was something that she might enjoy.

The downside to being single is not having someone to share experiences with, not being able to play a part in someone's life, or have them in yours. Simple little things that happen daily that you think to yourself "damn, I wish x was here to see that".

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nice to be in a place where the main thing is to do the right thing by my kids and my friends. Beyond that, really don't give a shit, can be as slobbish/unsociable as I want because its not hurting anybody else. Works for me anyways. :shrug:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
They are two completely separate lifestyles and I've been happy and less so in both.

I enjoy being single and not having to worry about anyone else. It's when I need to work late, or if that quick pint after work turns into a session that I don't need to let anyone know and risk disappointing them or spoiling plans. I like that I can do pretty much what I like, but then I've been in relationships where I haven't been constrained really anyway. Even then though I felt bad if I was going to be doing things without my partner, especially if I knew it was something that she might enjoy.

The downside to being single is not having someone to share experiences with, not being able to play a part in someone's life, or have them in yours. Simple little things that happen daily that you think to yourself "damn, I wish x was here to see that".

Exactly this. No matter how much time you spend with mates etc, its a strange kind of loneliness that being single provides. Its also a great kind of freedom.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Been married for 22 years and a day. I am someone who enjoys being on my own at times. Last year I sent my wife and daughter away for a short break, enjoyed the time on my own but really missed them. In the last month due to holidays, I've seen my son for about a week and that's been really hard.

There are things I enjoy doing that my wife doesn't so I spend time out and about with a lady friend who enjoys the same and my wife has no problem with that.

I think it's about finding the right balance which isn't always easy. I think I've been very lucky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here