Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Reading the new Charlton?

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
....Harmless and obscure that no one really cares enough about to hate, with dull and passionless fans. Fair comment?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
No, Charlton can fill a stadium and most supporters actually like Charlton.

Bruce Lee Wannabe

Nov 10, 2004
Brighton
Fair and so so true! Their fanbase is just nonexistant. And that is why I would always prefer to support a club like the Albion. They will never be as big a club as us. Lived in Reading for a year so a real personal thing with them as well and hurt almost as much as Selhurst 3 yrs ago. But at least our goal was the best of the lot!

Northern Git RFC

Dec 11, 2005
Wokingham
You lot realy have a problem with us dont you.

Lower divisions are littered with 'big' clubs. Past history means nowt in football.

Any way nonexistant me is off for a nonexistant pint at my nonexistant local with a couple of my nonexistant mates.

Thanks for the six points

Oct 25, 2003
i really hate reading, i don't know why but they're quickly entering my top 3 hate list

i hope madejski goes bankrupt so they really go up the shitter

Oct 25, 2003
Northern Git RFC said:
You lot realy have a problem with us dont you.

Lower divisions are littered with 'big' clubs. Past history means nowt in football.

you're on a brighton board, don't you have a problem with us?

Any way nonexistant me is off for a nonexistant pint at my nonexistant local with a couple of my nonexistant mates.

you can if you want, but i doubt it'll be any fun

now f*** off

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I don't resent their success for one minute, would we if we had someone prepared to pump millions into BHAFC ?

Good look to them but one tip, hope your chairman realises a severe amount of dosh is required to stay in the Premiership.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Beach Hut said:
I don't resent their success for one minute, would we if we had someone prepared to pump millions into BHAFC ?

Good look to them but one tip, hope your chairman realises a severe amount of dosh is required to stay in the Premiership.
He'll be skint once Cilla gets her hands on his chequebook.......:lolol: :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
bakesy said:
He'll be skint once Cilla gets her hands on his chequebook.......:lolol: :lolol:

I doubt it she must have a quid or two herself.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
This is all about jealousy. Traditionally Charlton were a bigger club than Reading. Reading are the best team in the championship with a great manager that they paid us for. Must admit that I don't really like them. Have more in common with Pompey or Zaints fans. But good luck to them in the premiership. Better than the small town northern clubs like Blackburn.

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
I quite like Charlton, insofar as I like ANY team which isn't the Albion; don't care about Reading one way or the other. I certainly don't like being beaten, especially not so comprehensively, but they're doing well this season (about time too, the amount of money their chairman has put into them), and if they make it to the Premiership well and good. I do think their fans are remarkably quiet, and I expect they'd hope to be getting more than 16,500 to turn up for any game this season. But then, who cares?

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Let the little club enjoy their moment, it's not going to last forever. When Majdeski's money dries up, their small crowds will show that they will never naturally be a top flight team, or perhaps even a Championship team, and they will fade away once again to where they belong.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
tommy boy said:
i really hate reading, i don't know why but they're quickly entering my top 3 hate list

i hope madejski goes bankrupt so they really go up the shitter

I hate Reading only marginally less than the Palace. Just hate the town and (most) of the people I've had the misfortune to know from there. Not all, but most.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here