Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Crystal Palace ahead of us?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Palace would have folded. End of.

We were never in that situation, so you're just guessing. We had people to step in when the going got tough (CPFC2010) and they have done a great deal for the club.

I find it hard to believe that we would have lost our ground, to be perfectly honest.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
We were never in that situation, so you're just guessing. We had people to step in when the going got tough (CPFC2010) and they have done a great deal for the club.

I find it hard to believe that we would have lost our ground, to be perfectly honest.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean, you had lost your ground when Goldberg took over and you have just been re-united with the shit heap when CPFC2010 saved the club.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Crystal Palace are now ahead of us in only one respect - their youth training academy.
In 3 weeks time we may have the council permission to start to improve and overtake them in this area as well.

They, of course, have similar potential to us, but they've got a lot of catching up to do now.

Jan 12, 2012
Crystal Palace are now ahead of us in only one respect - their youth training academy.
In 3 weeks time we may have the council permission to start to improve and overtake them in this area as well.

They, of course, have similar potential to us, but they've got a lot of catching up to do now.

Im sure it will take a few years to establish your academy,you cant throw money at everything !

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
it will be funny when we still have full houses next season plus new season ticket holders and all the current ones it will prove a point about them saying we have plastics

Feb 14, 2010
Something tells me that the Albion's ambition for its academy is bigger than producing a bench warmer at Wigan that the palace fans seem so proud of. With Poyet involved, I expect forward thinking coaches to pick sklllful kids for the academy not athletes. I then hope they will be brought up on 5 a side football as in Spain. Then after 5 years of such an academy anything is possible as that academy will be way ahead of the average "run the channels big lad" football coach in England.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Congratulations on your fine season,you are truely a club heading for the pinnacle of English football, whilst us poor souls will have to contend with scrapping at the bottom of the table.
Just a question, with Pompey down, the Saints up, and us not being relevent anymore, who will be your " Derby" game next season ?

Charlton !!

Palace need to have a decent academy. According to BBC, Reading want Clyne & Zaha. Here' hoping...

Clyne has been a walking disaster for them this year. I would be surprised if anyone offers anything for him. However, I would pay good money to watch their other fullback, Parr, perform...........................................

..................................................in a circus.:ffsparr:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm convinced this is true. There was hardly a whimper from them during their latest administration. I imagine their apathy is down to the fact that they were quite happy to jump ships to Crawley Town, Millwall or one of the big four on TV.
You forgot about Charlton.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I'm guessing all the Palace fans are mostly hoping we get our AMEX expansion plans rubber stamped by the council tomorrow.

After they moaned so much about their allocation last year, it'll mean around 800 more tickets available for them next season I reckon. What's there not for them to love about that :amex: :amex: :amex:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here