Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Crystal Palace ahead of us?

Jan 31, 2012
Who told you palace "have the history". Unless history started after the Albion were a victim of a property transaction. Two things, which club has won a major trophy ? Answer Brighton - Charity Shield. Which club was first to the FA Cup Final ? Answer- Brighton.

i will also raise you Gareth Barry for anything they have produced over the last 10 years.

Hahahahaha, stop it you're killing me, Charity Shield a major trophy, you must be having a laugh ? Here's one for you, who was the first team to beat you in the league on your own patch, answers on a post card....... now that's history :)

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Well of course we are, and I would fully expect you to the same when, or should I say, If, you get your new ground.

Redeveloping Selhurst looks to be the more likely option at the moment, until the Olympics shit is done with.

Once we've got a new ground, we're not going to criticise the likes of Derby for their attendances, because they are twice what we got at Selhurst. Remember where you've come from, it's not like you had a waiting list for STs at the Withdean, you couldn't sell the seats. All of a sudden you're Billy Big Bollocks because you're getting good crowds for a season or two?

You've just been promoted, and you're averaging 20k. Last time we were promoted in 2005, we averaged 24k.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
You're right, that is history - here's to next season, which i think may be your last chance to play at the Amex for a while

I fear you're right. Still, we'll live, playing at Old Trafford again will be nice :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
To be honest, I'm more than happy to let them believe they're ahead of us all the while they sneer at our 25,000 crowds (made up of 19,000 plastics), and our "wonky warehouse" as opposed to their marvellous ground "full of character" and gates of 11,000 made up of "real" supporters. They will be doing it for the next 2 decades while we dip in and out of the Premiership and they bumble along at the wrong end of the Championship and possibly even worse in their crap, crumbling home.

Two decades of similar sneering at Reading - a smaller club than we ever have been - doesn't seem to have done them any harm. :shrug:

Redeveloping Selhurst looks to be the more likely option at the moment, until the Olympics shit is done with.

Once we've got a new ground, we're not going to criticise the likes of Derby for their attendances, because they are twice what we got at Selhurst. Remember where you've come from, it's not like you had a waiting list for STs at the Withdean, you couldn't sell the seats. All of a sudden you're Billy Big Bollocks because you're getting good crowds for a season or two?

You've just been promoted, and you're averaging 20k. Last time we were promoted in 2005, we averaged 24k.

Of course we didn't sell out Withers, did you ever go there?

I really don't think you should compare Palace's average after promotion to ours, they were in different leagues.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
To be fair if we didn't have our historical rivalry with Palace, we wouldn't give them a glance, our sites are set much higher. We aspire to Swansea, Norwich and Reading and hopefully in the next couple of seasons that where we will be. Palace have stabilised and seem to have people who care for the club in charge with a reasonably good young manager and if we weren't comfortably above them in the table they would be quite happy with their progress. the fact that they took 4 points of us has been the highlight of their season and I think in their heart of hearts they know we are are on the up whist they are treading water and hoping they can maintain their position over the next few years. Finally their youth academy is to be admired with players like Clyne, Moses and Zaha, players we would absolutely love to call our own but then again I admire Crewe's youth policy as well and look where they are. Football goes in cycles and Palace have had the upper hand for a long time but now its our turn. Enjoy the ride

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335171941.543579.jpg

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Of course we didn't sell out Withers, did you ever go there?

I really don't think you should compare Palace's average after promotion to ours, they were in different leagues.

The only reason we keep banging on about attendances us because so many palace fans over the last 15 years have done precisely that. I would still like to know how low they think their crowds would go if they played in the fourth division for a number of years and then the third. Attendances as you say will inevitably be higher in the premier,i know a man u fan who was there near the palace kung fu chap. Their attendances inn the premier are boosted by all the away fans anyway.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
The only reason we keep banging on about attendances us because so many palace fans over the last 15 years have done precisely that. I would still like to know how low they think their crowds would go if they played in the fourth division for a number of years and then the third. Attendances as you say will inevitably be higher in the premier,i know a man u fan who was there near the palace kung fu chap. Their attendances inn the premier are boosted by all the away fans anyway.

With so many "big four" fans dotted around the country, I think this is a given for most clubs like ours TBH.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How can Palace be ahead of us ??? We have 18,500 season ticket holders , an average league attendance of 20,000. Another 5,000 seats going in. The Amex is one of five nominees for best new sporting venue in the world (4 more nominations in other categories, winners of the awards announced in Turin next month). A new £18M training academy being built shortly. Catering revenue has already passed year 3 projections. Conference and banqueting facilities already producing increased revenue streams. A 2nd England international match to be played at The Amex this week during the inaugural season. 30,000+ replica shirts sold this season. With one game to go likely to finish in 9th place and 12 points better off than Palace in 17th.

[MENTION=11493]Cecil[/MENTION] - have a read lad

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Is possibly the most stupid quote i've ever seen from a nigel in so so many ways. I'll start with the obvious:

a) All our home league games SOLD OUT so we couldn't get any higher gates, even though we would have (note we count attendances PROPERLY unlike you)

b) You got promoted in 2005 to the premiership - bit different - now surely that is plastics? :ffsparr:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
How many Championships etc have THEY won lets say in the last 12 years compared to us ?, Do they have the backing we have now ?, Do they have one of the best players outside the Premiership (Vicente) playing for their side ?, Do they have a shiny new stadium that actually belongs to their club ?,
Do they have one of the best young managers outside the Premiership in charge of their team?, Do they consistently get 18 - 20,000 fans at ALL their home games ?, DO I REALLY NEED TO GO ON ?????

Palarse !! A joke of a club, couldn't even fill their stadium when they played us, their biggest rivals !!
WANKERS !!

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
RRemember where you've come from, it's not like you had a waiting list for STs at the Withdean, you couldn't sell the seats. All of a sudden you're Billy Big Bollocks because you're getting good crowds for a season or two?

I really don't get this point. We had an athletics stadium, with portaloos as toilets, no beer, no roof, no atmosphere, for 11 years. 11 YEARS. And you expected us to fill it every season with the club languishing mostly in the lower leagues, as well as a waiting list? Palace would have done no better in our position. Hell, some mid table premier league teams wouldn't have either. This argument is flawed.

Jan 12, 2012
How many Championships etc have THEY won lets say in the last 12 years compared to us ?, Do they have the backing we have now ?, Do they have one of the best players outside the Premiership (Vicente) playing for their side ?, Do they have a shiny new stadium that actually belongs to their club ?,
Do they have one of the best young managers outside the Premiership in charge of their team?, Do they consistently get 18 - 20,000 fans at ALL their home games ?, DO I REALLY NEED TO GO ON ?????

Palarse !! A joke of a club, couldn't even fill their stadium when they played us, their biggest rivals !!
WANKERS !!

Congratulations on your fine season,you are truely a club heading for the pinnacle of English football, whilst us poor souls will have to contend with scrapping at the bottom of the table.
Just a question, with Pompey down, the Saints up, and us not being relevent anymore, who will be your " Derby" game next season ?

I really don't get this point. We had an athletics stadium, with portaloos as toilets, no beer, no roof, no atmosphere, for 11 years. 11 YEARS. And you expected us to fill it every season with the club languishing mostly in the lower leagues, as well as a waiting list? Palace would have done no better in our position. Hell, some mid table premier league teams wouldn't have either. This argument is flawed.

Palace would have folded. End of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here