Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Crystal Palace ahead of us?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Let's hope they don't come here today,i know you like to battle with them as much as i do but i cannot face it today-fingers crossed..............waits

It's ok mate, mother in law is here today so I have enough to give for both of us :)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Away fans section for nobbers now there is a thought ;)

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
There's a good chance all 3 of their rivals, Charlton, Millwall and Albion, could finish above them next year. I'm sure that if that happens though, they'll still be the biggest club in thier sad deluded minds. League position and attendances has nothing to do with it!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
There's a good chance all 3 of their rivals, Charlton, Millwall and Albion, could finish above them next year. I'm sure that if that happens though, they'll still be the biggest club in thier sad deluded minds. League position and attendances has nothing to do with it!

Any they'll still be waiting for that £375m bid for zahahaha

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
imagesCA0FGCL3.jpg This.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Despite the fact we've been comfortably safe for 4 months and have experimented for the last 8 weeks.

Whereas last year we survived in the 2nd last game.

Good Job Seagull08.

Ahem , the season before that it was squeaky bum time at Hillsborough in the final game :laugh:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How can Palace be ahead of us ??? We have 18,500 season ticket holders , an average league attendance of 20,000. Another 5,000 seats going in. The Amex is one of five nominees for best new sporting venue in the world (4 more nominations in other categories, winners of the awards announced in Turin next month). A new £18M training academy being built shortly. Catering revenue has already passed year 3 projections. Conference and banqueting facilities already producing increased revenue streams. A 2nd England international match to be played at The Amex this week during the inaugural season. 30,000+ replica shirts sold this season. With one game to go likely to finish in 9th place and 12 points better off than Palace in 17th.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
How can Palace be ahead of us ??? We have 18,500 season ticket holders , an average league attendance of 20,000. Another 5,000 seats going in. The Amex is one of five nominees for best new sporting venue in the world (4 more nominations in other categories, winners of the awards announced in Turin next month). A new £18M training academy being built shortly. Catering revenue has already passed year 3 projections. Conference and banqueting facilities already producing increased revenue streams. A 2nd international match to be played at The Amex this week during the inaugural season. 30,000+ replica shirts sold this season. With one game to go likely to finish in 9th place and 12 points better off than Palace in 17th.

Is the right answer:clap: :bowdown:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Let's be honest Palace have been the sort of club we have aspired to be for a few years. "Are we ahead on them?", well if you look at league position, ground / stadia, attendances, finance, I would say yes.

A lot is made of Palace's youth team set up, and yes them do have a good set but this is highlighted by their lack of finance over the years and the need to push youth through the ranks, the same could be said for Watford this season.

Overall and it is still early days for the Albion we have pushed ahead of Palace but it is still work in progress and they are right to point out their number of consequtive years between the Premiership and Championship.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Actually I've just read about three quarters of the BBS thread and nearly cried laughing. It's like the Monty Python 'what have the Romans ever done for us' sketch.

*piles in*

so APART from finishing lower in the table, having a decrepit stadium in the one of the arseholes of England, fans that need to be conducted by a pubescent with a shit drum, no money, 8 fans turning up for a meet the players social (nothing at all to do with the the ground being in one of the arseholes of England of course), one decent player who's new claim to fame is a diving gold medal, half filling the aforementioned falling down stadium, no additional revenues due to the aforementioned falling down stadium and a 'star' striker who still commutes in on the train from Preston Park because he can't bring himself to move to one of the arseholes of England then they're ahead of us in every department.

When we get our Academy it'll be game over. f*** 'em and their 4 points. They'll be as much as an annoyance as Leyton Orient currently are to us in a few years.

Against modern football? That's because it's overtaken you, eaten you for breakfast and shat the bones out in the Holmesdale end bogs.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
you could finish below us them and them as well !

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I like this one
" Our new owners have already said that they will either build a new stadium in Crystal Palace Park or rebuild Selhurst, both, as you know, will increase our attendances (considerably if we move to CPP due to the massive catchment area we will have)."

Especially the bit about the massive catchment area(that is already full of fans of bigger & better clubs) Not only are the scum delusional they are being spoon fed bullshit by their owners:wanker::wanker::wanker:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here