Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Crystal Palace ahead of us?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They seem to think so:

Are Brighton moving above us??? - CPFC BBS

The only thing that they do better, as far as I can tell, is produce better quality youth players. With the advent of the new training facilities (fingers crossed) the gap in this area may also close.

There are some cracking replies in that thread :thumbsup: and without exception they are completely in denial.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It's like the Cold War again when the Americans and Russians kept on comparing themselves to each other.

'How can we close the youth player gap?' 'Having won the award, have we opened up a pie gap on Palace?'

In the end, what matters is where we are in the league table.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
They are,they were and now we are close to being level on all fronts-they will see us pull away soon..

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Palace have an established academy and their own training ground, on every other level we are now ahead

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Palace have an established academy and their own training ground, on every other level we are now ahead

We won't be far off our in the coming years-Palace can have the history we own the future..

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Errr, did a Palace fan have his picture taken with Doctor John Dorian yesterday while wearing his beloved football club's hat? :)

Cheeky Monkey & BHA 1 Crystal Palace 0

GetAttachment.aspx

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Let's hope they don't come here today,i know you like to battle with them as much as i do but i cannot face it today-fingers crossed..............waits

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It does amuse me that they don't let any opposing opinion posts on those discussions - he's been nasty to me - send him to the away end

:catfight::flounce::catfight::flounce::tosser:

If they ever learn to man up and take a bit of criticism, they may turn it around but i think we will be well ahead of them for the next decade at least.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Only in the use of Groupon in an attempt to fill their ground :p:wink:

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Ahead of us in the amount of totally deluded, heads in the sand, fans they have.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Palace are definitely a club on the descent. Most teams in the Championship seem to be progressing on and off the pitch whereas there are no signs of improvement at Selhurst. I can see palace getting relegated next season before languishing in the bottom two divisions for many years to come.

Feb 14, 2010
We won't be far off our in the coming years-Palace can have the history we own the future..

Who told you palace "have the history". Unless history started after the Albion were a victim of a property transaction. Two things, which club has won a major trophy ? Answer Brighton - Charity Shield. Which club was first to the FA Cup Final ? Answer- Brighton.

i will also raise you Gareth Barry for anything they have produced over the last 10 years.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Despite the fact we've been comfortably safe for 4 months and have experimented for the last 8 weeks.

Whereas last year we survived in the 2nd last game.

Good Job Seagull08.

Using your logic we must have been safe since about mid September

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here