Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Chelsea the laughing stock of football?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Just when you think Chelsea are looking to the long term with a bit of stability, a young manager with potential, oops there goes another one, 8 months in.
The desperation is laughable.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
If only they realised that you have to let the manager rebuild and it may mean a disappointing season or two but you will be better off in the end.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Paying off a young managers contract to work for them long term and then sacking him within 8 months. Yes.

I would feel sorry for AVB but he's just earnt £7m for 8 months work.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Completely agree with the OP. Chelsea are a joke.

What is the POINT of getting a young manager in who needs to completely overhaul an aging squad, and then bin him a few months in because you're not in the top 4 or (surprise !) winning silverware ?

That mute gurning chimp running Chelsea FC might have earned a few bob in his own business world, but as an owner of a football club he is a complete and utter imbecile. I would not swap him or his billions for Tony Bloom if you offered me three nights with Kelly Brook. I'd THINK about it, but I'd still say no. Probably.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Shows who really runs the club, that rancid twat John Terry

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can you just imagine the MILLIONS being pissed down the drain paying up these managers contracts when they get binned ?
It'd almost be enough to save Pompey, if anyone actually wanted to mind.

Josimojo

Aug 4, 2011
last three managers have been got rid of by senior players! lol what a joke the patients are running the asylum

Exactly, I thought that this time Abramovich would be backing the young manager rather than the old players. It seems the players just know that they can easily shift the blame onto any manager that comes in rather than accept any of it themselves.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
it is funny of course.

though let not pretend that AVB isnt largely at fault, he's been found out a bit. he hasnt adjusted tactically to the English game, selected suitable teams or shown man managment skills. he wants to play the game his way, which is fair enough, but didnt have the right players for it to quite work and didnt have the courage to drop them or change the tactics.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Completely agree with the OP. Chelsea are a joke.

What is the POINT of getting a young manager in who needs to completely overhaul an aging squad, and then bin him a few months in because you're not in the top 4 or (surprise !) winning silverware ?

That mute gurning chimp running Chelsea FC might have earned a few bob in his own business world, but as an owner of a football club he is a complete and utter imbecile. I would not swap him or his billions for Tony Bloom if you offered me three nights with Kelly Brook. I'd THINK about it, but I'd still say no. Probably.

Slightly off topic but I don't think you will find many people who think that Abramovich has ever 'earned' any money, thats not how the Russian business world works.....

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
It is laughable the way they are carrying on. The Spanish waiter Benetiz is favourite to be in the hot seat next. He will waste millions on crap, just like he did at Anfield. Pre Abramovich Chelsea were my second team, but I have lost any fondness for them since this Russian has been there.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I say give the job to Terry with Lampard and Drogba as assistants!!

Lets see how they get on!! I was going to post who the hell would want the job, but to be honest who the hell wouldn't. To get paid up £7 mill after half a season everyone will be quening up for it.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
I know, let's get rid of our assistant manager when we are in top form and looking likely to win the prem at a canter. See you then Ray. Oh look, suddenly our season has turned to poop.

Laughable.

Wilkins for England -well as No 2 anyway

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
£28m to get him, specifically. Not like he was a second choice when they needed a manager, they sacked their current, good (first in their history to win the double with them) manager, for Villas Boas and then they sack him after just 8 months. Add that to all the other marks against their name and you've got a crap football club.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I've been reading plenty of tweets from #CFC fans stating how pleased they were as AVB has ruined their club.

What is it with these numbskulls who want instant success? Chelsea clearly needs a thorough clean out. The dressing room controls the club. You might as well have a first team coach and let Roman and the players pick the side.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Paying off a young managers contract to work for them long term and then sacking him within 8 months. Yes.

I would feel sorry for AVB but he's just earnt £7m for 8 months work.

Add on the £13 million in compensation that Chelsea paid for him and that's a rather substantial amount to pay for Europa League football

Edit: Apparently the change in managers cost £28 million in compensation- £85 million on transfer fees and compensation ALONE for a striker that's scored 3 goals in 14 months and 5th place in the Premier League :ffsparr:
Factor in wages for AVB and Torres and you're probably looking at close to £100 million

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here