Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Archery

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Have been thinking about having a go at this.
Anybody on here participate? If so, can you suggest a club for beginners and any other info that is worth knowing before I start looking further into it.???

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Anybody on here participate? If so, can you suggest a club for beginners and any other info that is worth knowing before I start looking further into it.???

Depends what you want to do ? My brother was national champ at field archery (albeit there wasn't many taking part) which is like shooting at 3d animals etc whereas you can do target archery which is just shooting at standard targets. If you're interested in field then I believe my brother did it in the ashdown forest. Hope this helps

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I've witnessed people firing these arrows outside of St. Dunstans, Ovingdean.... Always worries the f*** out of me for some reason! :D

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
You've seen the Hunger Games, haven't you. :thumbsup:

No, I haven't. Worth seeing?
Use to see them shoot their arrows on Carden School playing field when driving by and thought it might be worth giving it a try.

Thought with decent weather (hopefully) coming to give it a go. Not really aware of field archery but sounds good fun.:)

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011

Depends on where you live, my son had a lot of success. He was Sussex Junior Champion, shot for the county and GB. I spent many a weekend travelling all over the country. The longest trip we did was when were on Hol's at Lands End and he had a shoot in Essex. Had to do it there and back in a day. The nationals was cool though, it was held at the national sports centre in Lilleshall, alot of national footy teams train there including England. Great place.

Let me know where you live and I may be able to offer you a contact or two. Be prepared to shell out on kit though it aint cheap.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I do archery so does my partner she is very good infact Newhaven have an open day very very very soon but the day as slipped my mind, i shoot at St Dunstons were called Greenways but we also help the blind archers, we also have 2 Sussex county coaches.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Depends on where you live, my son had a lot of success. He was Sussex Junior Champion, shot for the county and GB. I spent many a weekend travelling all over the country. The longest trip we did was when were on Hol's at Lands End and he had a shoot in Essex. Had to do it there and back in a day. The nationals was cool though, it was held at the national sports centre in Lilleshall, alot of national footy teams train there including England. Great place.

Let me know where you live and I may be able to offer you a contact or two. Be prepared to shell out on kit though it aint cheap.

Live in Westdene. Brighton. travel not to big a problem but nearer the better.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I have archery tickets for the Olympics, and rashly promised my daughter that beforehand we would make a bow and fire off some arrows in the woods. I think she's going to be disappointed/upset when it's less Robin Hood's pinpoint accuracy, and more inadvertently wounding some passing stranger/dog.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
111911_1422_herestotheo1.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here