Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apoel Nicosia

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Deep into extra-time. Not long until penalties. Really want the Cypriot team to reach the quarter-finals of the Champions League to make a refreshing change. It would be like Torquay United reaching the last eight of the FA Cup. They were 1,500-1 to win the tournament last JULY.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Marvellous! :clap2:

Hope they either get Barcelona and make some serious money or get someone like Basel, Benfica or Marseille, whom they could beat.

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
I was at this match in Nicosia. Absolutely crazy nite the atmosphere was electric where I was (just behind the goal). Everyone around me spent about 100 minutes jumping up and down! I have to admit that I have been to hundreds of albions matches in the 80's and 90's when I was still living in Hove including a lot of away games but I have not come across such vibrant and excited home crowd. Every time Lyon had the ball the whistles were deafening. It was as if the Apoel players were scared to give the ball away just to keep their fans happy. I have yet to visit our new home (amex) but I am sure the players would up their performances if the crowd created a similar sort of atmosphere. Maybe its a cultural thing that british fans don't really get over passionate at games but I think it's time it changed.
Just want to add that I am not an Apoel fan I was with my wife who is. Hope they get Barcelona in the next round!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here