Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apart from an Ipad - Whats the best Tablet to get

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Need to get some PC type tablets for work.

need to be able to create and read PDFs, take photos, email, web, make notes etc etc.

Have got an ipad myself (which is great) but I think we need to use something more flexible and PC based.

Was looking at xoom or xoom2

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
DF118s
Always used to do the job

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Paracetamol is probably the most useful.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

need to be able to create and read PDFs, take photos, email, web, make notes etc etc.

Have got an ipad myself (which is great) but I think we need to use something more flexible and PC based.

Don't bother with a 7'' Samsung Galaxy Tab, absolute pony. Have not seen them working but the Blackberry Playbooks are now half price, had reasonable reviews, may be worth a look.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What's the flexibility you are after exactly?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Asus Transformer

that looks great but i got a feeling from reviews of it being a prototype. bit hit and miss if the one you buy has glitches. wait for new model i think.

any other tablet is not going to be "PC based" so thats an odd requirement. sound like you probably want a small notebook/highspec netbook.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
that looks great but i got a feeling from reviews of it being a prototype. bit hit and miss if the one you buy has glitches. wait for new model i think.

any other tablet is not going to be "PC based" so thats an odd requirement. sound like you probably want a small notebook/highspec netbook.

I'm trying to go virtually paperless.

I want some thing people can carry about with all their jobsheets and information on so they can work in different parts of our offices and show customers pdf brochures and pricelists on, raise invoices as well as display and connect to monitors and video walls.

smart phone is too small, laptop is too big.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
At my workplace, I've bought one of these over the last few days for about £13 in a bid to go paperless:

9831mab_27.jpeg

I'd also bought a Psion 5MX

psion5mx.jpg

But these may be too retro for your purposes.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Asus Transformer

Asus is good, but imho the best tablet currently in the market is the Galaxy Tab 10.1, its stunning, having used the Ipad 2 and the Galaxy Tab 10.1, The Galaxy Tab 10.1 is better and cheaper....... even though die hard apple cultists will see that as sacrilege.

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/tablets/13-best-android-tablets-in-the-world-905504

If you want to get one there are loads of Manufactured refurbs for sale (£255) and USB support, thats what I bought....... its highly unlikely it will be a used return. when Samsung first released it, they had a load with a touchcreeen defect, these were recalled and had the screen changed and are sold as refurbs, they are in essence brand new and under warranty.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAMSUNG-GALAXY-TAB-16GB-10-1-TABLET-10-1-/290615055276?pt=UK_iPad_Tablet s_eReaders&hash=item43aa01d3ac

Last edited:

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011

What's wrong with the iPad ??

I have an iPad 2 and use the app "page"s to create word documents which can be sent as PDF or word files. It can also import PDF files to view and edit.

Just wondering. I love the iPad but the lack of flash player is frustrating.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Even more so galaxy pad 10.1, does everything you want, USB support, flash players and office suite that is compatible with all MS office programs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here