Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyway to listen to the game online apart from seagulls world?

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Does anyone know if there is somewhere i can listen to the albion game? up in leeds at the moment and dont have SW. Any websites that might stream it??

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
might be able to get it on bbc cumbria or whatever the carlisle equilavent of scr is

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
didn't they stop putting live games on internet local bbc radio sites a few years back when the premiumtv stuff took off?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
didn't they stop putting live games on internet local bbc radio sites a few years back when the premiumtv stuff took off?

you were able to listen to the rotherham gameon bbc sheffield on-line on tuesday - this may be because of he amount of teams that station has to cover though

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
The club called me on Thursday night and tried to get me to sign up to seagulls world, I think they said £3.50 per month for 3 months, When it was free with NTL the commentary was rubbish, and they said I would now get more TV clips.
As I thought the guy who was on the TV interviews was a complete jerk an amatuer I declined.
So they must be short of customers if they are cold calling..

IMO £35 per year is not worth it for commentary, what other benefits are there? the Goals are on Virgin on a sunday..

If it was 100% live streamed video then I would pay £100 per season.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
IMO £35 per year is not worth it for commentary, what other benefits are there? the Goals are on Virgin on a sunday.

having moved away and as such missing the goals, i was considering purchasing seagulls world at the start of the season. however, thanks to virgin i dont need to!

The club called me on Thursday night and tried to get me to sign up to seagulls world, I think they said £3.50 per month for 3 months, When it was free with NTL the commentary was rubbish, and they said I would now get more TV clips.
As I thought the guy who was on the TV interviews was a complete jerk an amatuer I declined.
So they must be short of customers if they are cold calling..

IMO £35 per year is not worth it for commentary, what other benefits are there? the Goals are on Virgin on a sunday..

If it was 100% live streamed video then I would pay £100 per season.

They've called me at least every 2 weeks for the last 3 months since I decided not to renew and they can call as often as they like-I won't be renewing.

broadcast rights

you were able to listen to the rotherham gameon bbc sheffield on-line on tuesday - this may be because of he amount of teams that station has to cover though

No, Rotherham v Forest Green Rovers was on because the Premium TV deal is only with the Football League. Thus we will be able to listen in to Torquay v. Albion on SCR, unless they decide to feed the Surrey output on the "listen live" link- in which case it will hopefully be on Radio Devon, so add this link to your favourites
http://www.bbc.co.uk/devon/

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
No, Rotherham v Forest Green Rovers was on because the Premium TV deal is only with the Football League. Thus we will be able to listen in to Torquay v. Albion on SCR, unless they decide to feed the Surrey output on the "listen live" link- in which case it will hopefully be on Radio Devon, so add this link to your favourites
http://www.bbc.co.uk/devon/

that would also explain why the fa cup goals arent on seagulls world then

FA Cup goals are also available on Freeview BBC interactive in a loop for about 24 hours from the Saturday night.
Is anyone else intensly annoyed about having Premiership scores read out on Seagulls World? This just ruins MoTD and I will cite this as the reason I have not renewed SW next time they ring up.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village

Benefits? Let me think now...

1 - Ubiquity, via the Net. You can't get Virgin abroad.

2 - Daily Club TV News, interviews, features & match previews, all on pretty decent quality video too.

3 - Archive material - inc goals and stuff from last few years

4 - Live commentary every game (FA Cup too) by Andrew Hawes - by far the best commentator on local radio - and not amateurishly biased, like the BBC Cumbria guys I'm listening to currently.

And for three lousy quid a month, it's actually very good value indeed. Even a poor student can afford that...:)

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Benefits? Let me think now...

1 - Ubiquity, via the Net. You can't get Virgin abroad.

2 - Daily Club TV News, interviews, features & match previews, all on pretty decent quality video too.

3 - Archive material - inc goals and stuff from last few years

4 - Live commentary every game (FA Cup too) by Andrew Hawes - by far the best commentator on local radio - and not amateurishly biased, like the BBC Cumbria guys I'm listening to currently.

And for three lousy quid a month, it's actually very good value indeed. Even a poor student can afford that...:)

1. Im in Swindon, if you dont know thats in Wiltshire NOT abroad.

2. As I said I dont like the Amateurish jerk of a reporter, and I really dont care about player interviews.

3 You tube and past seasons videos/dvd's I can watch when I want.

4. As I said the quality and reliability of commentary was crap.

£3 a month might sound good but I can do without it and I earn enough thank you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here