Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone watching the Olympics?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
They're not very good are they

anyway, how come events have started before the opening ceremony?

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
And I've juts noticed the beeb have ditched Pointless again because of this rubbish FFS Olympics :facepalm:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Since when has anybody on NSC watched ladies football for the football ???

tumblr_ljjpl3fwdk1qbcikuo1_500.jpg

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The stadium looks only a quarter full. Seems as if the BBC are going to broadcast every event- whatever its potential audience. I also wonder how much the tickets were for this particular match?

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Isn't Richard, the guy behind the desk, a Brighton fan?

Not sure. Think he might from down this way though as I remember an episode where one of the questions was about County Cricket, and when someone answered "Sussex" he referred to it as Gods own county.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Not sure. Think he might from down this way though as I remember an episode where one of the questions was about County Cricket, and when someone answered "Sussex" he referred to it as Gods own county.

The only reason I say it, is once there was a football question and someone answered Crystal Palace, and he booed.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Great free kick to make it 1-0 just stuck it on my freeview BBC HD. Oh yeah I've got that HB stuff too.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
The stadium looks only a quarter full. Seems as if the BBC are going to broadcast every event- whatever its potential audience. I also wonder how much the tickets were for this particular match?

about average for the quality I would think.. Remember paying £23 to watch us in the rain at a converted school sports arena?? Not sure I'd pay the money for a final ticket tho

i think this represent quite good value in comparison

Ticket prices for the group games cost £20, £30 and £40 at all venues apart from Wembley where they are pegged a little higher - a Category A ticket to see matches at the home of English football will set you back £60. However, £20 tickets are also available.

The best tickets to see the men's and women's quarter-final games on Aug. 3 and 4 cost £50, £60 at Wembley.
Top-price seats for the women's semi-finals to be staged at Wembley and Old Trafford on Aug. 6 will cost £60 and £50 respectively.

For the men's semis scheduled at the same venues at day later, London 2012 has set Category A prices at £125 and Category B at £75. The cheapest seats are £30.

The gold medal match for the women's tournament kicks off at Wembley on Aug. 9 at 19.45 BST. Ticket prices range from £30 to £125.

With defending Olympic champions Argentina having failed to qualify for the 2012 men's tournament, there will be a new country picking up the gold medal for the first time since the Sydney 2000 Olympics (Argentina won gold at Beijing 2008 and Athens 2004).[/B]The men's gold medal match will be held at Wembley on Saturday Aug. 11 at 15.00 BST. There are five ticket categories. The cheapest cost £40 and the most expensive are £185.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here