Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone think that VILLA have a serious chance of winning the league?

Will Villa Win The League.

• Yes.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • No - They wont even break the top 4.

Votes: 43 42.2%
  • No - But they will defiantly come top 4.

Votes: 45 44.1%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 12 11.8%

• Total voters

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I saw there was a lot of people on here, who 'like' Villa so, though why not.

You never know, Man utd drew - Arsenal drew - Liverpool drew - Chelsea are losing and have dropped 12 points at the Bridge prior to this game. I think the odds of 175/ 1 is slightly high, and i'm very tempted to stick £1 on this.

Ashley Young & Gabrield Agbonlahor both on form of their careers aswell and you can always rely on Brad Friedel in goal. Also when you look at their back 4 it's pretty solid.

I'd love to see this happen - 7 points behind Liverpool who are top and will be 8 points behind Chelsea if they beat West Ham.

Would be a real shame if they pip Arsenal to 4th spot though, i must admit.

Last edited:

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think so but worth a quid at 175/1 for sure.

It's all about big John Carew, he will be the difference...

To be honest though, it is still unlikely they will make top four.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I don't think so but worth a quid at 175/1 for sure.

It's all about big John Carew, he will be the difference...

To be honest though, it is still unlikely they will make top four.

As i said, with the Top 4 dropping points, here , there everywhere. I think it's very possible. The big game is on Boxing day - Aston Vila v Arsenal.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I always say the top four will be Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea and 2 of the three that went up will go straight back down again.

So, no....sadly.

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
might stick a quid on a double for Villa to win the league and Portsmouth to go down...

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
At those kind of odds I dare say it wouldn't be too ridiculous to stick a quid on Villa: the robbing bookies will only get a pittance from ya when you inevitably lose! What are the current odds on a top 4 finish btw? Now THAT might be worth a flutter.. :whisky:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I've just put £1 on Aston Villa to win the league, i got 100/1.

I would say the odds on Villa to come top 4 would be somewhere in the region of 8/1-10/1.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I've just put £1 on Aston Villa to win the league, i got 100/1.

I would say the odds on Villa to come top 4 would be somewhere in the region of 8/1-10/1.

Bloody 'ell: the odds on them winning the league have suddenly got a lot shorter! :eek:

Good luck to you Dazo - but I still reckon there might be some dosh to be had on a top 4 shout. I'm even starting to feel a bit tempted meself innit.

:goal:

Mar 13, 2008
no

(shitty word limit)

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Bloody 'ell: the odds on them winning the league have suddenly got a lot shorter! :eek:

Good luck to you Dazo - but I still reckon there might be some dosh to be had on a top 4 shout. I'm even starting to feel a bit tempted meself innit.

:goal:

I just done it the first thing i saw, but i'm 100% sure that, you will be able to get 175/1 from somewhere.

If only. I'd put a lot on if that were the case. They're currently 5/4 to finish top 4 on Betfair.

:O:O:O.

f***ing hell?! That's granite.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
They are SHITE odds, i really dont know why their so low.:glare:

There are, funnily enough, 4 places in the top 4. There are only 5 clubs realistically challenging for them. Even if the chances (obviously) aren't equal across the board, 4 chances across 5 teams is never going to result in any good odds being available.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
There are, funnily enough, 4 places in the top 4. There are only 5 clubs realistically challenging for them. Even if the chances (obviously) aren't equal across the board, 4 chances across 5 teams is never going to result in any good odds being available.

Fair point.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
They will come 4th Arsenal are too inconsistent, and villa are going to get another striker in jan, and larsenal have go tliverpool nd villa next, they have to win both games.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Dont think they will. They will float around the top 4 for a while convincing everyone the Prem is oh so exciting because another team might dare to break into the big 4's play area before inevetibly falling away with a few games to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here