Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone still not have central heating?

What else do the young whipper snappers have that we never thought we needed???

thinking back, I can't think for the life of me how we ever got a song started in the 70's or 80's without the approval of an internet message board, and how the hell did we let everyone know that we'd been to Middlesboro away midweek and that we were entitled to first dibs on all ticket matches up to and including January 2028?

thinking back, i can't think for the life of me how we ever got a song started in the 70's or 80's without the approval of an internet message board, and how the hell did we let everyone know that we'd been to middlesboro away midweek and that we were entitled to first dibs on all ticket matches up to and including january 2028?

tele text was god!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
On the other hand us 'old 'uns' used to have our own football special trains to away games, and not just for 'big' games. I recall going on a 'Seagulls Special' to Bristol R. (Eastville?) for a midweek match, used to be a great atmosphere, especially if the team travelled on board too. Other than coaches from Pool Valley (pre Costa Express) fans had to be far more resourceful to get to the far flung away games, no internet to help network and set up car sharing but still got sorted ok.

on the other hand us 'old 'uns' used to have our own football special trains to away games, and not just for 'big' games. I recall going on a 'seagulls special' to bristol r. (eastville?) for a midweek match, used to be a great atmosphere, especially if the team travelled on board too. Other than coaches from pool valley (pre costa express) fans had to be far more resourceful to get to the far flung away games, no internet to help network and set up car sharing but still got sorted ok.

Recall mid 70's the fans left from st peters church,removal vans loaded with the boys parked next to supporters club coaches:D

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Crittle windows??

Sent from my iPhone using P+ R

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
No central heating and an outside toilet.
When we sing, "We've got indoor toilets, we've got indoor toilets", I'm obliged to shout "I haven't"!
It doesn't seem that long ago when you had to walk all the way over to the telly and press a button to turn it over from ITV to BBC.
During the war..........

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
On the other hand us 'old 'uns' used to have our own football special trains to away games, and not just for 'big' games. I recall going on a 'Seagulls Special' to Bristol R. (Eastville?) for a midweek match, used to be a great atmosphere, especially if the team travelled on board too. Other than coaches from Pool Valley (pre Costa Express) fans had to be far more resourceful to get to the far flung away games, no internet to help network and set up car sharing but still got sorted ok.

I would love to have been on these specials, still hoping that they run one for something one day.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
How did we ever find out what pubs our mates were in without a mobile phone?
Do the miss the the pang of excitement you get after trapsing around the usual pubs until you find them.

What's central heating ? Clearly not reached Portslade yet . We still adopt the 'put another jumper on' in our house .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
a lot of flats and small houses dont have central heating. storage heaters used instead, i suppose that keeps them above freezeing though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here