Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone remember this Albion book?

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
A number of years ago (80's I think) I bought a brilliant book which contained a commentary and biographical details about every player who played for the Albion since the year dot. Pictures of nearly all the players through the ages plus team pics and action pics in glorous black and white. Sadly it got lost in the course of a house move and I've been pining for it ever since!

Does anyone remember this book, its title/author and whether it can still be obtained?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A number of years ago (80's I think) I bought a brilliant book which contained a commentary and biographical details about every player who played for the Albion since the year dot. Pictures of nearly all the players through the ages plus team pics and action pics in glorous black and white. Sadly it got lost in the course of a house move and I've been pining for it ever since!

Does anyone remember this book, its title/author and whether it can still be obtained?

Sounds like the 'Albion A-Z - a Who's Who of BHAFC' by Tim Carder and Roger Harris. A quality publication for sure. Should imagine they're still available from Tim, seeing as how he had stacks of them for sale at the Albion race day a couple of years back and was flogging them at a quid each! :thumbsup:

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Sounds like the 'Albion A-Z - a Who's Who of BHAFC' by Tim Carder and Roger Harris. A quality publication for sure. Should imagine they're still available from Tim, seeing as how he had stacks of them for sale at the Albion race day a couple of years back and was flogging them at a quid each! :thumbsup:

Many thanks Tom - that's the one and I've now found an email address for Tim Carder, so here's hoping he's still got a copy.

Depends how rich you are feeling!

Albion A-Z. A Who's Who of Brighton Hove Albion F.C.: Carder. Tim. Harris. Roger: 0952133717

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
my ex mother in law RIP gave my Albion books, programmes,FDC's ect to her next door neighbour for a car boot along with loads of saved personal stuff and I would not mind but the neighbour was a palarse fan..............do you hear me mother you will never be forgiven

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

I imagine the internet has also put payed to many of these labor of loves.

No, quite the opposite in fact. Eg Hiney is compiling a website with all the Albion home programmes since at least 1970, whereas nobody would reproduce them as a book. Which makes me wonder, has anybody actually had their programmes professionally bound into a hardback book?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
No, quite the opposite in fact. Eg Hiney is compiling a website with all the Albion home programmes since at least 1970, whereas nobody would reproduce them as a book. Which makes me wonder, has anybody actually had their programmes professionally bound into a hardback book?

Trouble with programmes was the many different sizes and there was a period where some clubs (Derby, Notts County) went for a newspaper rather than a standard prog.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here