Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone out there think this is a dead rivalry?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Over the last 12 years there have been chances for Palace to find different rivals - Wimbledon and Charlton for obvious reasons followed by a sound thrashing when we resumed rivalries it could have slipped into a meaningless rivalry if we hadn't beaten them soon. We have had our mini rivalries with Orient, Cardiff and Reading and Palace have mixed it with the big boys on a few occasions but

My question is- most of the fans who post on here are too young to have lived the 70's and 80's rivalries, how good is it to be playing the REAL SCUM again :lolol: :lolol: :clap2: :clap2: and did it live up to the hype and expectation to turn them over at their gaff??

And for Palace fans new to the rivalry, who has it hurt you to lose to more than last night??? (last game of last season aside)

Last edited:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
It was like turning the clock back 25 years last night.

The rivalry and hatred coming from both sides was great.

A lot of the young ones on both sides didn't understand the rivalry with the scum but after last night I hope it has rekindled it,not that it ever went away for some of us.

There is,and always will be 1 team I and I hope the majority of us hate and that's the hapless goons we beat last night.:clap2:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
gerbil said:

A lot of the young ones on both sides didn't understand the rivalry with the scum but after last night I hope it has rekindled it,not that it ever went away for some of us.

There is,and always will be 1 team I and I hope the majority of us hate and that's the hapless goons we beat last night.:clap2:
Bang on..............exactly what he said.:clap: :clap: :drink: :drink:

Sep 21, 2005
You lot are making me miss out trips to Old Trafford :eek:

I miss the pure hatred shown especially when the Munich song is bellowed out in full voice :lolol:

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
it was my fist Palarse match and I have to say that was better than winning at the Mill Stad for me...I've long hated Palarse purely based on years gone by, but last night I realised just how much I detest the SCUM and to win ike that was....pure....GENIUS and the best away result I've witnessed!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
gerbil said:

Yup we've been away a long time, with a cameo appearance two years ago, but this time I believe we're back for a while and with a Falmer YES we can see 20,000+ crowds home and away the rivalry will be back to it's best

Roll on the 1st double of the season :clap2:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
TheRoseofWhiteness said:

I miss the pure hatred shown especially when the Munich song is bellowed out in full voice :lolol:
Man Utd ! Your rivals! :lolol:

I think we all know its the pigs, blunts and terriers in that order. :lolol:

Sep 24, 2003
Seven Dials
Anyone else notice that the Palarse programme (page 62) says there is no rivalry between the clubs!

The headline spells it RIVALARY!:rolleyes

The editor must be the same person that put in their shirt order last season.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
you don't need to know where the rivalry comes from - as a young fan, you get caught up in it and don't question the origins. and palace certainly see it as the biggest game. their webitse said, in a preview of the game that "when the fixture list comes out, this is the first game we look for."

long may it continue.

E

enigma

TheRoseofWhiteness said:

Yeah it's hilarious to laugh at the Munich air crash isn't it. Prick.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
As painful as it was, the 5-0 defeat was the best thing that could have happened to the rivalry - after so long without a game many younger fans were wondering what all the fuss was about. But any history of our rivalry will mention 'that' 5-0, and the 1-0 revenge victory is all the sweeter because of it.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Kalimantan Gull said:
As painful as it was, the 5-0 defeat was the best thing that could have happened to the rivalry - after so long without a game many younger fans were wondering what all the fuss was about. But any history of our rivalry will mention 'that' 5-0, and the 1-0 revenge victory is all the sweeter because of it.

What Borneo said :clap2:

*still jealous of your location*

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
Icy Gull said:
Over the last 12 years there have been chances for Palace to find different rivals - Wimbledon and Charlton for obvious reasons followed by a sound thrashing when we resumed rivalries it could have slipped into a meaningless rivalry if we hadn't beaten them soon. We have had our mini rivalries with Orient, Cardiff and Reading and Palace have mixed it with the big boys on a few occasions but

My question is- most of the fans who post on here are too young to have lived the 70's and 80's rivalries, how good is it to be playing the REAL SCUM again :lolol: :lolol: :clap2: :clap2: and did it live up to the hype and expectation to turn them over at their gaff??

And for Palace fans new to the rivalry, who has it hurt you to lose to more than last night??? (last game of last season aside)

The simple answer is no-one. I'd say there is quite a strong mutual hatred between us and Millwall but it just doesn't compare to our rivarly with you, the scum. Losing to Millwall is difficult enough to take but watching last night i felt physically sick after losing to you and i'm just grateful i got rat-arsed before the game, so i remember very little of the football match itself.

ps We could never be rivals with Charlton they are totally insignificant to us and we pity their one-sided rivalry with us and Millwall, it really is pathetic :lolol:

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
TheRoseofWhiteness said:

I went to a Leeds v Man Utd match before you were even born.
The songs about Joe Jordan and Gordon McQueen were sung with pure hatred.

The Munich song is sick and I'm sure you'd feel the same way if the Lancs made up a song about Galatarsary

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here