Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone out there on "Spotify" at the moment, what are you listening to?

I'm listening to Kate Bush - "The Kick Inside" - first time I have ever heard it in it's entirety and imho would still sound new if released today even though it is over 30yrs old!

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Spotify is brilliant, I heard its in financial trouble though, shame as anything that takes on Apple at the moment is good in my book.

Tommo2009

Nov 5, 2009
Heard of it, but what is Spotify? Remember when it was Apple trying to take on Microsoft, Ipod did wonders for them.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Anyone know any good playlists?

Or indeed, any good websites for playlists?

Just a shame that 3 of my favourite artists - Pink Floyd, AC/DC and Led Zep are 3 of the biggest bands who don't agree to it!

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Starsailor - tell me it's not over
One of the best, most underated songs ever, i bet most of you have never heard it!!

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Anyone know any good playlists?

Or indeed, any good websites for playlists?

Just a shame that 3 of my favourite artists - Pink Floyd, AC/DC and Led Zep are 3 of the biggest bands who don't agree to it!

Neither do Oasis :down:

No apologies for bouncing this. Currently listening to Ashley Maher "Hi" - another album that still sounds fresh nearly 20 years after release.

"National Champions" by Terry Anderson and the Olympic Ass-kickin team (American, so they are not being cruel to donkeys) is also worth a listen. Love the band name, as it may suggest they are not into ambient trance and I believe Mr. A is a former associate of the Georgia Satellites, so if you like them you will probably like this as well.

...Back to work.

Any recommendations for Spotify (the home workers friend) or Itunes (mine has died on my recently so later will have to waste my time trying to uninstall and reinstall). Listening to Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings "I learned the hard way" 2010 album sounds like the '60's (luvverly) and also the only track currently on there by Diane Birch - "Nothing but a miracle" - again sounds like it should come from the late '60's but none the worse for that - can't wait for the album to get on there.

Ho hum - back to work.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Daniel Harding's version of Don Giovanni which is totally FLAIR and pisses over all other versions I've heard. This is the second time today.

The downside of Spotify are the crass ads which sound particularly bad when they're inserted at inappropriate bits of an opera.

iansharp

Apr 27, 2010
Look out for the new Spotify which Wired say we'll be getting within a week - social networking so we can connect in a similar way to Facebook. And that means, apparently, sharing of iTunes libraries (which I'm guessing works only when the songs are on Spotify of course). Looks interesting ...

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2010/04/spotify-takes-aim-at-itunes-befriends-facebook/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wired%2Findex+%28Wired%3A+Index+3+%28Top+Stories+2%29%29

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Yeah I've heard a lot about this new social networking capable Spotify

Sounds interesting, if a little intrusive, possibly. We'll have to wait and see.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What if you don't have iTunes - will it work with other music libraries? Mine is on Real Player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here