Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone on here going to the World Cup?

Dandyman

In London village.
Yes, got a ticket for the "Round of 16". Now just have to explain why I can't go to a wedding. :dunce:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
The Observer had a good feature the other month, which focused on the German's encouraging supporters to come over, even without a ticket.
The 'Supporters viewing Area's' they have planned outside the grounds, are going to be really well organised - huge screens, beer tents, entertainment etc for 1000's of fans. Could be a really great atmosphere i reckon..

Prob gonna steam over in car with couple of tents (again lots of camping area's too) and do it this way.
:drink: :thumbsup:

Just to add that also when will the World Cup be this close next..?
S.Africa in 2010, then surely it's got to go to S.America, Asia and poss Oceania before getting back to Europe..? Makes it about 2026..!!!

Last edited:

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
Not this time. Went to '98 (Eng v Argentina at St Ettiene) and '02 (Eng v Sweden at Saitama and Eng v Argentina in Sapporo).

Gutted now it's getting closer that I am not going! Let my FA membership expire. What a mug!

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Yep, and can't wait. Got media accreditation which, thanks to those lovely Germans, includes not only tickets but free rail travel throughout. Gott bless 'em... Only have to fix up accommodation, but may well be satisfied to sleep in bus shelters and railway waiting rooms if it comes to the worst...
Have applied for a game a day for the first three weeks, should heard specifics soon.
Went to France 1998, and Portugal 2004 - cracking atmosphere throughout, can't be missed... Especially with no World Cup in Europe for another 12 years after this...

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
have the F.A released thier plea to england fans without tickets not to travel yet? as 'there will be regulations in place that prevent you from entering the stadia with a ticket that has been illegally purchased on the black market'

ha! im expecting the announcement to be released about 6 weeks before the start of the tornament.

wont stop 80% of the stadium to be filled with england fans when england are playing.....

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Going for the whole of the group stages and the flying in and out for the knockouts. Had no chance of tickets because I also didn't bother with englandfans this time, but none of my mates who are members got tickets anyway. I'm confident i'll get to see all the england games except for sweden, where the swedes will be after tickets as well.
Good news on the ticket front yesterday with ebay now banned from selling them. Hopefully this will mean that there will be more out in germany, which in turn will push down prices. I wonder when the Fa will start telling us that we won't get in without our names on tickets :lolol: :lolol:

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
My Mrs Has a chance of winning an all expenses paid trip plus executive box if she keeps her sells up. Its only for one. So hope she fucks up big time :lolol:

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I am going...Have tickets for every England game upto and including the final (if we get that far). Going out for the group games initially and then back-and-forth between England and German as and when we progress.

Look out for the flag.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Thimble Keegan said:
I am going...Have tickets for every England game upto and including the final (if we get that far). Going out for the group games initially and then back-and-forth between England and German as and when we progress.

Look out for the flag.

That's similar to what a mate of mine's doing too, except he's timing it to go out and come back between each group game too - to cut down on time off work. Seems fair enough... if you can manage it...

He's also taking along a flag... wouldn't like to be stuck under this one throughout the game...! :
www.fansflag.com

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
SussexSpur said:
That's similar to what a mate of mine's doing too, except he's timing it to go out and come back between each group game too - to cut down on time off work. Seems fair enough... if you can manage it...

He's also taking along a flag... wouldn't like to be stuck under this one throughout the game...! :
www.fansflag.com

So your mate is responsible for that flag is he?...He had a lot of people on the englandfans website contribute towards that.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I will be out in Germany for all the England games. Popping out and back for group games (to save holiday) and will then go out for knock out stages until England get knocked out. Have slight problem (same as Dandyman) that a mate is getting married on the 24th June. Hope the England game is the 25th so we can get to the wedding then fly back to Germany for the match.

The ticket for the final (only get one if England in it) is £150, is that good value or not? Some people think its a rip off, I think its good value if England are in the final - how much would you be prepared to pay (Its a Category 3 ticket - 4 is the lowest , 1 the most expensive)?

Mr Blobby

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here