Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone on here been affected by this strange petrol 'crisis'?

Not sure tbh. The car has developed a very unusual misfire last week but I'm not convinced it's the petrol. I do buy at morrissons though so it could be. I'm holding fire until the weekend when I can check the plugs and other things before I go into one at them.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Noticed my push bike backfiring yesterday.

Bloody Tesco's, knew I shouldn't have pumped my tyres up there.

Can I complain about contaminated air ??

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Greenergy, who supply Tescos, are not, (by the standards of oil traders) THAT dodgy a set-up: they've been around for a while and led the way with refining greener fuels in the mid-90s - most other petrol stations in the SE are supplied by BP's TRIED AND TESTED Coryton refinery in Essex. Juicy story this: it might have shipping implications too, the batch may have been dirtied by old crud at the bottom of a tanker.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Man of Harveys said:
Greenergy, who supply Tescos, are not, (by the standards of oil traders) THAT dodgy a set-up: they've been around for a while and led the way with refining greener fuels in the mid-90s - most other petrol stations in the SE are supplied by BP's TRIED AND TESTED Coryton refinery in Essex. Juicy story this: it might have shipping implications too, the batch may have been dirtied by old crud at the bottom of a tanker.

I reckon it's some anarchic environmental group who've deliberately tampered with the fuel :drink:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
No, and I did fill up yesterday morning, when all this "dodgy" fuel seemed to first surface.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
This is a major bandwagon. Every misfire, splutter, breakdown speeding ticket, puncture, MOT failure will now be blamed on dodgy Tesco fuel. If they admit anything, it'll cost them millions.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Arthritic Toe said:
This is a major bandwagon. Every misfire, splutter, breakdown speeding ticket, puncture, MOT failure will now be blamed on dodgy Tesco fuel. If they admit anything, it'll cost them millions.

Think you're right there. Quite a scary scenario for the supermarkets and their distributor.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Arthritic Toe said:

some batty old women was in esso this morning complaining that our fuel had 'ruined' her car because the engine was making an 'unhealthy noise' - it is going to get more and more ridiculous as the days go on:angry:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I filled up with Superunleaded by mistake at Shoreham Tesco on Tuesday night (usually I just have the normal unleaded). I was distracted by what I thought was a BAT flitting around the forecourt, and by the time I'd realised, I'd pumped £15 worth of Superunleaded into my tank. No difference, other than its about 4p a litre dearer I think.

No spluttering yet. Maybe Someone is looking after me ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here