Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anyone lost their sky signal?

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
been lobbing snowballs at the dish for an hour and still zero signal . knackered. its only half covered in a little bit of snow so cant see how its not working .

any ideas ? anyone had any successs or is my dish shot

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
been lobbing snowballs at the dish for an hour and still zero signal . knackered. its only half covered in a little bit of snow so cant see how its not working .

any ideas ? anyone had any successs or is my dish shot

Perhaps chucking snowballs at it isn't a good idea.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Its probably the box not the dish, I occasionaly get the no signal message so I reset the box and its fine again

D

Deleted User X18H

We have Virgin its the new Sky! No probs enjoying the cricket ......well the bronzed blondes in the crowd

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
been off all day, would suggest maybe instead of lobbing snowballs you use the dish as a sledge:clap2:

Yoda

English & European
Is there any snow on the wire's coming out of the box at the end of the dish?

If so, it might have caused one of them to losen out.

Harley S

Aug 31, 2008
Try switching it off................

:lol:

Seriously, if it isn't the snow on the LNB, switch the unit off & back on again after 30 secs. Worked for me this morning after I'd removed the snow off the dish.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Mine had icey snow all over the dish part this morning - once cleared all worked fine.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lost the signals last night in the early hours, it was still off this morning before I came into work. I'd brush off the snow if it weren't for the fact the dish is on the roof, and I don't fancy risking a Rod Hull moment...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Lost the signals last night in the early hours, it was still off this morning before I came into work. I'd brush off the snow if it weren't for the fact the dish is on the roof, and I don't fancy risking a Rod Hull moment...

I saw Rod Hull's son in panto this year with Emu, Aladdin, in Windsor. Talk about following in the family business, what a nightmare. 'If only my dad had been a plumber, anything, before he fell off that roof...'

To make things worse, the bloke is useless, although with it being panto that doesn't show quite so much. Most of it was so bad it was funny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here