Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone know who is top of the league?

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Genuinely, any idea why your lot refused to do the guard of honour? It was shameful and childish.

We had to win the game of football, no distractions. If roles were reversed I wouldn't have cared, don't see why you do.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We had to win the game of football, no distractions. If roles were reversed I wouldn't have cared, don't see why you do.

I'd have been very dissapointed if we had failed to do it, had the roles been reversed. In fact, we always have done so.

And given that you played utterly shit for the first hour of that game, I'd suggest that your chirlish, childish, lack of grace didn't actually do anything to help set you up for the game.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Brilliant. Even Man Utd and Liverpool do it for each other. Sign of respect and class. Oh well.

I'd've been incredibly disappointed if the shoe was on the other foot, and we refused to form a guard of honour.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And given that you played utterly shit for the first hour of that game, I'd suggest that your chirlish, childish, lack of grace didn't actually do anything to help set you up for the game.

Quite. Until they successfully completed their hatchet job on Murray on 50 minutes, was only one winner in that game.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Cortese has stated and reiterated that he could easily find another extremely wealthy backer through his past jobs at Credit Suisse, but most notably Banque Heritage where he was a private banker to the billionaire's.

If it's so easy for him, any chance he could find one for rangers, or port vale or (dare I say it to a saints fan) portsmouth? I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

It wasn't a distraction to Huddersfield.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
They're a bunch of arrogant tosspots ably led by the biggest tosspot of them all. What on earth were they on about on telly talking about Saints beautiful passing game?? I have literally seen no evidence of such a style from them. In fact 2 of the most direct, hoofball teams in the division are sitting 1st and 2nd, sucks doesn't it? Praps they'll both nause it up come the end of April. 😄

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Quite. Until they successfully completed their hatchet job on Murray on 50 minutes, was only one winner in that game.

Murray's injury was absolutely teh turning point of that game. In truth though, he injured his own shoulder, diving over Davies; hand to try to win a penalty.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
They're a bunch of arrogant tosspots ably led by the biggest tosspot of them all. What on earth were they on about on telly talking about Saints beautiful passing game?? I have literally seen no evidence of such a style from them. In fact 2 of the most direct, hoofball teams in the division are sitting 1st and 2nd, sucks doesn't it? Praps they'll both nause it up come the end of April. 😄

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
If it's so easy for him, any chance he could find one for rangers, or port vale or (dare I say it to a saints fan) portsmouth? I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

It wasn't a distraction to Huddersfield.

Why would he do that?

Adkins thought it was best we concentrated wholly on the game, we won that game, that's all that matters, now we're pushing on for the prem. Luckily we've been in this position before and Reading are this years Huddersfield.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Have decided to report as enough is enough. Away section needed.
Pah, it's just a numpty gloating. We support a medium sized team, there will always be other teams above us to gloat, so don't let it get to you.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why would he do that?

Adkins thought it was best we concentrated wholly on the game, we won that game, that's all that matters, now we're pushing on for the prem. Luckily we've been in this position before and Reading are this years Huddersfield.

Perhaps to help those investor? So that should he need to look for new owners for southampton he can point to the person he found for port vale or rangers and show their success? Because no one wants to see teams go bust (especially rivals, perhaps)?

That concentrating on the game excuse is nonsense, as huddersfield proved. It was terrible form. It showed a complete lack of class and very poor sportsmanship, more so imo, than any comments he has made. Do you honestly think standing in a line would have distracted your players? Do you really think that your players are that weak-minded and unable to focus on a game in that situation? Is your opinion of your own team, really that low?

And winning that game is all that matters? No it isn't, not when the discussion is about the lack of class shown in that situation. The winning of the game is an irrelevance (especially as Huddersfield have sown it is entirely possible to give a guard of honour and win).

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Murray's injury was absolutely teh turning point of that game. In truth though, he injured his own shoulder, diving over Davies; hand to try to win a penalty.

HKFC

There was that but, also the physical assault on Casper Ankergren who, perhaps stupidly, stayed on, conceded a goal and THEN recognised that he should have gone off in the first place.

SFC don't exactly cover themselves in glory when one looks back at that particular day in April of last year.

Absolutely pissed off that day, sitting in row a immediately behind the goal with no view of anything and to cap it all I have nothing less than a Saints fan sitting next to me - Don't really want to remember that day.

To be seen to be unbiased or whatever, that game perhaps that had something to do with our rolling over against Huddersfield ?

Last edited:

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Our financial backing is very secure with Cortese at the helm. Money was left in an account by Liebherr and was described as being 'more than enough' as well as the family taking ownership of the football club. Should the Liebherr's wish to sell the club Cortese has stated and reiterated that he could easily find another extremely wealthy backer through his past jobs at Credit Suisse, but most notably Banque Heritage where he was a private banker to the billionaire's.

It has also been rumored recently that the family will sell when we reach the prem, and Cortese has Japanese billionaires waiting in the wings. I however don't believe this to be true.

I would however like to point out that you have spent more than us on players in the last 18 months

I am aware of this. Just the way things are going for a lot of clubs at the moment I was wondering what it felt like to be owned by foreign owners. It so often goes wrong. Not convinced I'd be too comfortable with our standing and expenditure if it wasn't a lifelong fan at the helm.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
I am aware of this. Just the way things are going for a lot of clubs at the moment I was wondering what it felt like to be owned by foreign owners. It so often goes wrong. Not convinced I'd be too comfortable with our standing and expenditure if it wasn't a lifelong fan at the helm.

We don't really see them as foreign owners if I'm being honest with you. Cortese see's us as his 'baby', this will be his last job and he's not a man for failure. He has completely transformed the culture and has commissioned improvements to our already top class infrastructure, of which work has duly commenced, as well as the hiring of key figures in 'business' positions within the company to ensure success, as well as the creation of new divisions alongside SFC including the Saints Foundation and Halo. He has continually stated that the club needs to live within it's means and can't gamble the future years finances on one yeas as many clubs do.

The best thing he does from my point of view however is the dinner's he holds with Season Ticket holders, once a month, selecting season ticket holders for dinner and a Q&A session. It has proved a massive success with the fans and with the internet/social media etc is a great way of letting fans know what is going on in the club.

Overall we are delighted to have him at the helm, especially after the catastrophe's we had previously.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
We don't really see them as foreign owners if I'm being honest with you. Cortese see's us as his 'baby', this will be his last job and he's not a man for failure. He has completely transformed the culture and has commissioned improvements to our already top class infrastructure, of which work has duly commenced, as well as the hiring of key figures in 'business' positions within the company to ensure success, as well as the creation of new divisions alongside SFC including the Saints Foundation and Halo. He has continually stated that the club needs to live within it's means and can't gamble the future years finances on one yeas as many clubs do.

The best thing he does from my point of view however is the dinner's he holds with Season Ticket holders, once a month, selecting season ticket holders for dinner and a Q&A session. It has proved a massive success with the fans and with the internet/social media etc is a great way of letting fans know what is going on in the club.

Overall we are delighted to have him at the helm, especially after the catastrophe's we had previously.

Fair enough. Sounds like you've been luckier than most. And as much as it pains me to say it, I can see how SFC could be a decent proposition for prospective owners.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here