Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone know who is top of the league?

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Win playing badly is a sign of probable champions. Although with West Ham breathing down your neck its going to be tight. Meanwhile I will continue to concentrate on watching my team in an epic stadium, playing the best football I have seen in 25 years. Really enjoying myself. Goodbye Southampton - may see you next season but probably not.

Amount of sleep lost thinking about your team? 0.

Truly amazed that Saints top the league. One of the biggest piles of shite to have "graced" The Amex yet (including their silent supporters).

Got destroyed by our Development squad and our goalscorers that day cannot even get a place on our bench now. Cannot see them getting an automatic spot as they rely solely on one player.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have to eat a slice of humble pie here, I expected Southampton to implode and although they tried when Lambert was out they have rallied well now he's back. Safe to say that the one man team are gonna almost certainly go up..as long as he stays fit/doesn't resort to punching players again. Shit this was meant to be a gracious to be proved wrong post but I just can't do gracious when it involves Southampton.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I have to eat a slice of humble pie here, I expected Southampton to implode and although they tried when Lambert was out they have rallied well now he's back. Safe to say that the one man team are gonna almost certainly go up..as long as he stays fit/doesn't resort to punching players again. Shit this was meant to be a gracious to be proved wrong post but I just can't do gracious when it involves Southampton.

They don't do gracious, why should we?

See lack of guard of honour for evidence.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Once again, those that talk about class, don't have it themselves.

Your manager proved you had none last season, I'd suggest the jury is still out on us.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I dunno. West Ham are one point behind with a game in hand. Win that saints are pushed back into second place. Reading are five points behind but have a game in hand, which could cut that gap to two points, and reading and southampton are still to play each other, and reading are the form team. I would say it's not 'almost certain' they'll go up, I'd say it's still a close call.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I dunno. West Ham are one point behind with a game in hand. Win that saints are pushed back into second place. Reading are five points behind but have a game in hand, which could cut that gap to two points, and reading and southampton are still to play each other, and reading are the form team. I would say it's not 'almost certain' they'll go up, I'd say it's still a close call.

I agree. I think West Ham & Reading will get the automatic spots.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Your manager proved you had none last season, I'd suggest the jury is still out on us.

OK, you quite clearly don't have the brain capacity to understand what I was implying.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
OK, you quite clearly don't have the brain capacity to understand what I was implying.

More likely you're just shit at expressing yourself

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
How secure is your financial backing? Genuine question. Because it is clearly the only reason you are anywhere near the Prem after your spectacular nosedive down the leagues.

Our financial backing is very secure with Cortese at the helm. Money was left in an account by Liebherr and was described as being 'more than enough' as well as the family taking ownership of the football club. Should the Liebherr's wish to sell the club Cortese has stated and reiterated that he could easily find another extremely wealthy backer through his past jobs at Credit Suisse, but most notably Banque Heritage where he was a private banker to the billionaire's.

It has also been rumored recently that the family will sell when we reach the prem, and Cortese has Japanese billionaires waiting in the wings. I however don't believe this to be true.

I would however like to point out that you have spent more than us on players in the last 18 months

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No, I stated people that talk about class, have none themselves. .

Well that is patently not true, it may be in your case, but carry on...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Our financial backing is very secure with Cortese at the helm. Money was left in an account by Liebherr and was described as being 'more than enough' as well as the family taking ownership of the football club. Should the Liebherr's wish to sell the club Cortese has stated and reiterated that he could easily find another extremely wealthy backer through his past jobs at Credit Suisse, but most notably Banque Heritage where he was a private banker to the billionaire's.

It has also been rumored recently that the family will sell when we reach the prem, and Cortese has Japanese billionaires waiting in the wings. I however don't believe this to be true.

I would however like to point out that you have spent more than us on players in the last 18 months

Must be true then.

And on the spending - a. Nice careful choice of timescale. , and b. takes no account of WAGES.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No, I stated people that talk about class, have none themselves. You said we have no class....

Genuinely, any idea why your lot refused to do the guard of honour? It was shameful and childish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here