Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone know the name of that old skool sweet shop in North Laine

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone know the address of it? I do not know the name or address but there is a shop on one of the roads running UP to Queens Road which stocks old skool sweets like black jacks and foam shrimps and things. Been in there once but cannot find it now.

Due to lack of info google wasnt much help.

Any assistance will be grateful and may even win you a chocolate spanner.

P.S. I am not looking for the one on Kens Grdns.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Does anybody know the name of that shite excuse for a sporting goods store just up the road from Cyber Candy?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
cheers

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Cyber candy is rubbish and expensive. Try Caramella in Kensington Gardens, it has been there for about 30 years! It has everything cyber candy has and about 50 times more and is far better value.

edit- just read the bit about not the on in kens geds etc

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cyber candy is rubbish and expensive. Try Caramella in Kensington Gardens, it has been there for about 30 years! It has everything cyber candy has and about 50 times more and is far better value.

edit- just read the bit about not the on in kens geds etc

Okay, I'll give it a go. Someone told me that Cyber was better but I'll give both a go and report back. Thanks.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I think Cyber Candy is better, despite a smaller shop has some really good stuff, but I must admit it is fairly expensive.

Caramella is a larger shop, which has a long pick and mix aisle if i can remember, but doesnt have so much of the retro stuff that Cyber Candy has.

Also, Cyber Candy does Cherry and Vanilla flovour Coke :p (although it is £1.10 for a can, its stillworth an occasional treat :) )

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
I think Cyber Candy is better, despite a smaller shop has some really good stuff, but I must admit it is fairly expensive.

Caramella is a larger shop, which has a long pick and mix aisle if i can remember, but doesnt have so much of the retro stuff that Cyber Candy has.

Also, Cyber Candy does Cherry and Vanilla flovour Coke :p (although it is £1.10 for a can, its stillworth an occasional treat :) )

Caramella has restro stuff at the back just past the till!! Always cheaper aswell! :thumbsup:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what is the sweet shop near smugglers paradise - the BEST shop in brighton

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I ended up going to the Kensington Grdns shop in the end and got everything I required. Thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here