Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone know any decent local bands?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I have to review them for my column and its about time I did a band who were perhaps not my cup of tea, purely for variety's sake.

The last two have been punk bands and Ive done ska to death.

Any ideas?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
There are 2 superb rock bands that I have seen on a few occasions.
LICK are a re covers band who sound really good and you get the added bonus of a well fit lead singer.
Dirty Shoes from waht I remember do a mixture of covers and their own stuff and again are a very good band.
I am hoping that a group known as Mama Joseph reform as there stuff is awesome and all original. Try the Portland pub mate. they have an entertainment licence and have live bands all the time. not only that but they are open late due to the gig licence. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
bha. fatboy, what is your real name? PM me if you dont want to post on here but need it for an article in the next programme about wrexham day.

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
Fat Boy Slim?

Attilio the Hun

Dec 14, 2004
Too close for comfort
Saw a few at the Pavilion Theatre last night

Oom, The Pipettes, Tenderfoot, and a DJ Cakeboy.

The girl singer in Oom has scorching voice and is working with Massive Attack, The Pipettes were a nine-piece fronted by three modernsixties-style chicks, Tenderfoot all moody and weird but tipped for big things and I'm too old to understand what Cakeboy was all about but "the kids" seemed to enjoy it!

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
good call on the pipettes.

you just wanna have a scout around richie... start going to the free butt regularly, not seeing whose on, just to check out random bands. cable club would be good for that too.

tis the way i find most bands i scout in london... random luck!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Give Martha Tilston a try - formerly lead singer with mouse. A bit folky for some, but I think she is awesome. One of the best voices I have ever heard live and three or four beautiful songs. I think she is playing the Komedia soon.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Richie Morris said:
I have to review them for my column and its about time I did a band who were perhaps not my cup of tea, purely for variety's sake.

The last two have been punk bands and Ive done ska to death.

Any ideas?

If you have to ask NSC after, what, about two and a half weeks in the job, then you REALLY shouldn´t have the column in the first place. Seriously.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Two and a half weeks?

Ive done 12 columns so far and it is a weekly paper. Not including 2 over christmas so ACTUALLY it is about 14 weeks into it.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Richie have you heard 'The Critical' yet ?

Not a bad young indie funk band from Sussex, often play Bar Boo in Haywards Heath and were at the Pressure point just before Xmas :clap2:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Cakeboy appeared at Glasto after winning the unsigned bands competition, it might be worth checking him out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here