Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone have a DAB Digital Radio?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Pish and piffle, Lord B. I got one for Christmas, and I've been after one for ages. I can now listen to:

Five Live in proper quality
Five Live Sports Extra (Test Match Special without the hiss)
BBC 6 Music (bloody marvellous station)
BBC World Service (ditto)

and about fourteen other stations that I'm admittedly slightly less bothered about, including Virgin and TalkSport in CD-quality stereo. At some point in the near future there'll be a Sussex Coast multiplex launched, which will mean a few more stations too (I'm assuming that's where you live).

DAB rocks.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Better off geting a DVB box and getting the radio stations from that.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
At some point in the near future there'll be a Sussex Coast multiplex launched, which will mean a few more stations too (I'm assuming that's where you live).

DAB rocks.

Yep, I'm in the heart of Brighton.

According to the DAB website, Southern FM, Capital Gold, Spirit FM, Juice 107.2, Saga, Gaydar, XFM and Totally Radio will start in Jan 2004. So it's just around the corner!! :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is it any different to what you get on sky TV radio staions?

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I've had one for a year, and though it tends to be just stuck on radio 5 (with the occasional radio 4) it's worth it. You can get them for about £79 now.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Pish and piffle, Lord B. I got one for Christmas, and I've been after one for ages. I can now listen to:

Five Live in proper quality
Five Live Sports Extra (Test Match Special without the hiss)
BBC 6 Music (bloody marvellous station)
BBC World Service (ditto)

and about fourteen other stations that I'm admittedly slightly less bothered about, including Virgin and TalkSport in CD-quality stereo. At some point in the near future there'll be a Sussex Coast multiplex launched, which will mean a few more stations too (I'm assuming that's where you live).

DAB rocks.

Just a query, but can you get Mid Downs Radio? 1350 AM in Mid Sussex...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Have just bought a Roberts RD5. Absolutely amazing, has the station details on top line of text and sports/business/national news scrolling along the bottom line. If only it gave blowjobs it would truly be man's best friend

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No offence to anybody who's got one, but do they make any that don't look a bit rubbish?

evoke2large.jpg

Or do they HAVE to look like something the Famous Five and Timmy The Dog would take on a picnic?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Pure Evoke does look a bit scoutmasterish I agree.

The Roberts range is far better

RD5.jpg

This is the RD5

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yes, I will get one in time, but I want it complete with a CD player etc. At the moment I listen 6 via the computer. I woluld love to listen to five live, but the computer does not like Real Player.

Incredigull

In Cervesio Felicitas
Nov 28, 2003
Mile Oak
Pethick's Haircut said:
Yep, I'm in the heart of Brighton.

According to the DAB website, Southern FM, Capital Gold, Spirit FM, Juice 107.2, Saga, Gaydar, XFM and Totally Radio will start in Jan 2004. So it's just around the corner!! :)

The only one with any cred is probably Xfm,the others you can do without !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here