Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone got this new SKYCARD through yet then ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's something on 998 or 999 about it, apparently they're in the process of sending the replacement cards out, but I'm still waiting for mine. I've heard its upgraded all the MENUS and stuff. Anyone got it yet ? Has it IMPROVED your viewing experience ? I'm hoping that it will at least let you view the programme info up on the preview banner WITHOUT you having to access it through the planner screen,like you have to now. A minor irritant I grant you, but it still annoys me. If they've snorted that out, it'll be peachy.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not sure the card will improve your viewing experience, Sky just have to replace the cards every few years. The menu change is to do with Sky+ HD and that happens automatically

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
There's something on 998 or 999 about it, apparently they're in the process of sending the replacement cards out, but I'm still waiting for mine. I've heard its upgraded all the MENUS and stuff. Anyone got it yet ? Has it IMPROVED your viewing experience ? I'm hoping that it will at least let you view the programme info up on the preview banner WITHOUT you having to access it through the planner screen,like you have to now. A minor irritant I grant you, but it still annoys me. If they've snorted that out, it'll be peachy.

Haven't got a new card yet but the TV guide on my HD box was upgraded recently and I hate it. Text is far too small and you get the little mini screen in the top right which is a pain when you first turn on if you are recording that programme as you see a lot of it before you can find a channel to change to

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Haven't got a new card yet but the TV guide on my HD box was upgraded recently and I hate it. Text is far too small and you get the little mini screen in the top right which is a pain when you first turn on if you are recording that programme as you see a lot of it before you can find a channel to change to

I find the new EPG very sluggish and as you say the mini tv is a pain. It can be turned off, but the sound remains. :(

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Haven't got a new card yet but the TV guide on my HD box was upgraded recently and I hate it. Text is far too small

You got a small telly? Looks great on mine.

and you get the little mini screen in the top right which is a pain when you first turn on if you are recording that programme as you see a lot of it before you can find a channel to change to

Switch to another channel first?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
2 out of the 3 boxes in our house have been through the post, the 3rd one being my box so still waiting here.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So its only HD boxes that get new menus ?
BOOOOOOOO

RUBBISH

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Our new white cards came last week , there will be an onscreen message to say that the card/s have been put in the post.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I paid £20 for my Sky card so i can watch the terrestials. I dont pay SKY any further payments.

Will my card turn off soon?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Not got mine yet.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I paid £20 for my Sky card so i can watch the terrestials. I dont pay SKY any further payments.

Will my card turn off soon?

Depends on when you paid for it , the only channels at the moment that it decodes are Sky 3 , Setanta Sports News , FIVER (+1) and FIVEUSA (+1). If you used to subscibe to Sky but cancelled and now receive all the free channels with the correct region you will need to buy another card for the above channels. BBC1 , BBC2 , ITV1 , C4 and five are free to air and dont need a card anyway.

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i had a message saying mine was in the post, now i keep getting a message saying 'replace your card'.
even though i have yet to receive it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So its only HD boxes that get new menus ?
BOOOOOOOO

RUBBISH

You're definitely not missing anything. In NO way are the new menus better. They're slower, harder to use and have no useful new features.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You're definitely not missing anything. In NO way are the new menus better. They're slower, harder to use and have no useful new features.

I have switched off the mini TV , the only handy thing about the new epg is that HD programmes are highlighted in orange when looking in the programme guide (you need to change the setting in the "spanner" section to make this work)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here