Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone got this freeking Cold, Cough Virus

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Felt ropey early last week, shouting myself hoarse Wednesday did not help but it hit hard after a late night Saturday singing karaoke until 2am.

Repetative sneezing, sore throat, headaches Sunday and today.

Is this is shit the squad had as loads of people are coming down with it ?.

Anyone else been struck and whats the best redemdy as a fecking hate colds and cannot afford time off work ?. :(

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
yep, me, the mrs and all three of our kids are down with it at the moment, I went down the Whiskey route for my sore throat last night, works for me :)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I feel a whisky sesscion tonight may be on but it will make me want to smoke and that would be a bad idea.

I have ny X factor ideas and will post a thread.

Dandyman

In London village.
Yes, I do and I blame Dick Knight.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its clearly Glen Murray's fault. I must have caught it off him last Wednesday :rant:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Had it all last week, still got bits of it now with a slightly dodgy throat and a blocked nose, all the aches have gone though.

whats the best rededy as I fecking hate colds and cannot afford time off work ?. :(

Echinacea.
Available at supermarkets and health stores, I got my last pack from Tescos and I believe it was under £3.

I'm taking some this week, as I have this cough which seems to have crept up on me - not much of a cold feeling though, just a bit of throaty phlegm. So it could well be an allergy.
I never got allergies until the last few years, and I suspect it could be the advent of rapeseed farming that's causing and exacerbating it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Don't get colds. Must be due to my weird immune system.

Felt ropey early last week, shouting myself hoarse Wednesday did not help but it hit hard after a late night Saturday singing karaoke until 2am.

Repetative sneezing, sore throat, headaches Sunday and today.

Is this is shit the squad had as loads of people are coming down with it ?.

It might be worth the club looking into the recent 'virus', to make sure that isn't allergy. They train at Falmer I heard - and there are farm fields just around there (and it's late harvest period now isn't it?).

I had a terrible time about 6 weeks back, then found out there was a field of rapeseed just a hundred and fifty yards away - and that had just been cut.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Felt ropey last week. Saturday morning got a real bad sore throat, which has now turned in to coughing and sneezing. Nothing works, I feel like crap, but Im still working. Give it another few days, hopefully I will over the worst of it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Had it over end of last week/weekend. Took day off work Friday feeling rough. 4 of my 5 housemates have had it. Seems to be all over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here