Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone getting up for the Solstice?

D

Deleted User X18H

I have this romantic idea of taking myself up a local secluded beauty spot at 3.45am

When is sun up tomorrow? Anyone got any ideas.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Love to Timmy, but work beckons tomorrow

D

Deleted User X18H

Love to Timmy, but work beckons tomorrow

Me too Beachy I do stuff from home for AIG (Chartis) few hours a day and not for very much spondulicks. Just to keep me eye in:wink:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Me too Beachy I do stuff from home for AIG (Chartis) few hours a day and not for very much spondulicks. Just to keep me eye in:wink:

So who will take Timmy up the Dyke then :lolol:

The Summer Solstice is the moment that the tilt of the Earth's axis is most inclined toward the Sun, causing the Sun's apparent position in the sky to reach its northernmost extreme.

This year it occurs at precisely 11.28am UTC on 21 June.

Or 12.28pm British Summer Time. I shall probably spend that moment listening to the Portuguese national anthem.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I've done this a few times here in Shropshire - we have a big hill called The Wrekin and I've walked / climbed to the top of that to watch the solstice sunrise. It was cloudy last year but a few years earlier I got some great snaps that made the front page of the local rag (Shropshire Star).

Not doing in this morning now - too tired ....

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
....and greet it I did.

p917360970-4.jpg

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
What is the matter with these people. This is last year, just the same amount of rubbish this year.
I thought they were supposed to care about the planet, and the Henge. :shrug:
article-1194470-056CC9B3000005DC-228_634x426.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Returned from Devon yesterday and it took over 2 hours to drive 2 miles past Stonehenge on the A303 due to the nutters going to Stonehenge what for, what is the point.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I very much doubt that the tide of rubbish at Stonehenge is left by anyone for whom the Solstice has the vaguest meaning. I can't imagine anything worse than being trampled over by a herd of people wielding Tesco bags and pop bottles - and that's just the police. But then that's Stonehenge for you. There are plenty of other places to see the sun come up on midsummer morning. An act that, in itself, that does not qualify you, as a "nutter".

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
They're up at Stonehenge on the wrong Solstice anyway. Scientists recently worked out that SH was probably used to celebrate the Winter Solstice, as it was built around the time of the Agricultural revolution and the Winter Solstice celebrates a new Agricultural year. Also as the sun rises on the 21st December the sun rises straight through the two main rocks on Henge.
Silly old hippies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here