Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone getting bored?

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
Of chanting ALBYAWN all the time! Sounds ok sometimes but surely we can come up with more original. We seem to chant it ALL the time

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Should we maybe ask the club to change the name then? Brighton and Hove United? Then we can chant "UNITED, UNITED" every game? Brighton and Hove Athletic? Possibly just change it every season so you don't get bored singing the same thing?

Oh, you're meant to be singing ALBION. That might cure it for you. :thumbsup:

Or, bore off.

He's got a point though - it was just CONSTANT throughout the whole game, to the point where the neutrals around me in the pub I was watching it in started commenting on it. Pretty embarassing and I don't get why it's so popular, it's not particulary catchy or uplifting.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Of chanting ALBYAWN all the time! Sounds ok sometimes but surely we can come up with more original. We seem to chant it ALL the time

Have to say i don't join in on this drone... just doesn't get me excited.

Should we maybe ask the club to change the name then? Brighton and Hove United? Then we can chant "UNITED, UNITED" every game? Brighton and Hove Athletic? Possibly just change it every season so you don't get bored singing the same thing?

Brighton and Hove Actually!!!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4732925 said:
He's got a point though - it was just CONSTANT throughout the whole game, to the point where the neutrals around me in the pub I was watching it in started commenting on it. Pretty embarassing and I don't get why it's so popular, it's not particulary catchy or uplifting.

I like it. We don't have much creativity in any of our songs really, words are too difficult for people to remember. Why don't we sign Sussex by the Sea? Oh right, it's because people don't know the words.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
At certain times it's good to sing but other times it's not. For instance it would go quiet and instead of something to really get the crowd going this would pop up all the time, is getting a tad boring after singing it every two minutes. New songs are needed.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Only missed millwall and leicester away this season.so yeh u could say i go. Do you?

Yeah I do, and as such participate in numerous other songs/chants other than just Albion Albion.

Either start something different, or join in with what you've got, or keep quiet.

I like it. We don't have much creativity in any of our songs really, words are too difficult for people to remember. Why don't we sign Sussex by the Sea? Oh right, it's because people don't know the words.

But other clubs can manage it. I'm all for singing and an atmosphere but it's like playing the same song on a stereo repeatedly. It just grates after time.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4733042 said:
But other clubs can manage it. I'm all for singing and an atmosphere but it's like playing the same song on a stereo repeatedly. It just grates after time.

I know the words to Sussex By The Sea, and would be happy to really help try and that going but there are too many words for our fans to grasp. I'm not saying that's a good thing, far from it, but it is what it is. And I do like the Albion chant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here