Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone experienced in matters of the EYE?...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Just lately there's been like a little floating black dot type things that seems to be floating across my vision in my left eye...

Anyone know what it could be/mean?...

Am I on my last legs?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Sounds like a floater... my other half has them. I understand it is caused by a loose bit of tissue in the eye (would be useful if somebody could confirm this, the girlfriend is hardly the most scientific).

There isn't much that can be done if it is floaters. If its any consolation, you get used to them.

Go and get an optician look at it to be double-sure though - your eyes are worth looking after.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I had that for a bit, I'd get a sight test if I was you, only a score up Specsavers. My mince pies are f***ed, which is worrying, as I'm only 16. :glare:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Sounds like a floater... my other half has them. I understand it is caused by a loose bit of tissue in the eye (would be useful if somebody could confirm this, the girlfriend is hardly the most scientific).

There isn't much that can be done if it is floaters.
I thought floaters came from the other end!

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
You know what they say about people with dodgy eyes.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
It's not always there, it just seems to occassionally float across the left eye in a nose to ear direction... Seems to happen mostly when looking at a computer screen!

Hmm. The reason I asked is because I get the exact same thing.

I can never focus on the feckin thing, it moves when I try and look at it (if you can look at something that's in your eye).

:shrug:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Does it look anything like this?

2092731909478b92bd80b5a.gif

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I've had a couple of floaters for years. No problem whatsoever. They just float. Thinking about it, I'm not sure I've seen mine lately so perhaps they eventually go. . .

The other day, though, I had a weirder experience. Was driving along, minding my own business, when suddenly I could see two jagged lines in my eye, meeting at a right angle, that kept flashing for about ten minutes, just off my line of focus. Then they just went away.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Hmm. The reason I asked is because I get the exact same thing.

I can never focus on the feckin thing, it moves when I try and look at it (if you can look at something that's in your eye).

:shrug:

haha now then fella, long time no hear. Hope the family is good!

Anyway, I too get this and when I try to focus on it tends to not let me look at it and moves to the outside of my eye?? Weird

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
Just lately there's been like a little floating black dot type things that seems to be floating across my vision in my left eye...

Anyone know what it could be/mean?...

Am I on my last legs?

Happens to most people from time to time.

If its near enough constant, could be a detached retina, get it checked out asap.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
At least it's not your japs eye I suppose, if thats any consolation.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I don't think they go away as such, just less likely to be noticed when it is dark etc. Your brain can also 'edit' them out after a while.

Expect to see them more and more as the Summer hits and the sun shines.

I get LOADS. Little things which look like bacteria. I have one which is shaped like a massive BANANA.

When they appeared the docs thought I may have a detached retina and rushed me to opticians. It turned out they were just floaters (bits of tissue floating in the gel). The bit you see is their shadow.

Welcome aboard the Good Ship Eye Mental.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here