Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ANYONE ELSE WHO DOESNT DRINK+DRIVE (but does the morning after)

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
i never ever drink+drive i dont even have one,i cant be bothered with it,but what i do is wake up smashed+think ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm walk or drive.

everytime i do this i nearly end up rapped around a traffic light!

easy option!

anyone else?

Nov 3, 2003
u raise an importsnt issue often overlooked as its still quite possible to remian above the legal limit the morning after, so much depends on your own body metabilism, what you drunk, ate, timing, your health at the time, age, sex, build its impossible to know and im sure the forces out there will be looking at the early morning drink drivers too though i must sympathise as how the heck do you know when u r in the clear? Clear if hats poss govern't guidelines and after all thats all can be really would help i think anyway in the meantime im not driving so :drink: one for the road - later - how much later dunno!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Drink-driver killed my daughter
Black and white: No mistaking the TV message

Teenage keep-fit fan Helen Cape was on a training run when she was killed by a man on a pub crawl.

She was crossing a road near her home when the man's car hit her at 60mph.

The man was one and half times over the drink-drive limit and driving at twice the speed limit.

Sixteen-year-old Helen, who was training for the Great North Run, was heading home to her mother and father, Maria and Harry at Wallsend, Tyne and Wear.

The campaign is backed with hard-hitting images

Harry, 58, said: "When she did not turn up we rang the police and they said there had been no reports of an accident.

"I called them back a second time and they said they would send someone round."

Helen died in hospital after suffering massive brain damage in the accident.

If one person is going to behave himself, then the campaign has been worth it

Harry Cape
The statistics speak for themselves - each year 3,500 people are killed or seriously injured in drink- drive accidents.

But the personal grief is something that is known about only by those who are close to the victims.

And that's why Harry is supporting the government's latest hard-hitting anti-drink-drive campaign.

The new campaign features real-life victims of drink-drive accidents and the drivers themselves talking about the devastating effect it has had on their lives.

Harry said: "If one person is going to behave himself, then it has been worth it.

"I have driven for 30 years and I know pedestrians do silly things and there are times when drivers are innocent, but if drink is involved the driver is guilty because it's going to affect the way they drive and perhaps they could have stopped in time."

A drink-driver speaks of his regrets

The driver in Helen's case was fined £100 and banned from driving for a year.

If the accident happened now, he could end up in jail.

But Harry is disappointed that courts are not exercising the law to its limit.

He would like to see a "three strikes and you're out" system that burglars now face.

He would also like the anti-drink-drive campaign backed by a government pledge to reduce the drink drive level from 80mgs to 20 mgs, in effect reducing the limit to zero.

He said: "If you go to the pub for a drink, you don't have just one pint, you have two or three.

"It would cost very litttle to take a taxi, but people are just lazy."

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Fined £100 and banned for a year?

My ex got that back in 1980 and there wasn't any accident involved let alone a death. He was stopped randomly.

The penalties for death by dangerous driving and drink driving are far, far too lenient.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I usually feel really guilty in the morning,but that wont save lives!

Im thinking of getting one of those breatherliser testing kits off the internet,does any1 know if they actually work?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I got banned for 18 months and fined £500 for being over the limit at 8am the next day.
Everybody does it but you should all be warned!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here