Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else still really pi**ed off with saturday's performane?

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
:angry:

I've usually been able to get over a bad performance by monday but not this time for some reason. Probably because we've been so good this season but it looked like most of the team weren't pulling their weight and accepting responsibility. At times they looked like they'd never played together before.

But part of it is probably the fact that it was MK fricking DONS! A pretend town with a pretend club!

SAKE!!!

:rant::rant::rant:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Did we lose Saturday?

I must have missed it.

.... or maybe, seeing as it was against play-off contenders away from home after two games in a week and us still top... NOT THE END OF THE WORLD!!!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
not the defeat but the manner of the defeat which was upsetting:moo:

But it happens... footballers are not robots... Id rather it was this game than against the Daggers for example....... occasional defeats we can live with.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I'm still pissed off, always am when we lose, imagine how Gus and Tanno must feel. Still, it stops everyone getting complacent which some people on this board seem to have been getting over the last couple of months.
Trust in Gus, I bet training will be interesting today!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Unlike most on here I have absolutely no problem with MK Dons existing, but I'm pissed off that we have never scored there. Saturday was a disappointment, tomorrow quite possibly will be as well but at least Bournemouth aren't playing so even if we lose again we'll stay top.

We are gonna have another rough run, I think it may have just started :down:

Even if the unthinkable happens and we don't go up, things are looking good for the future. We need to bear this in mind if the wheels do come off....

No.

Frogs vanquished in the rugger.
Cricket was epic.
Liverpool beaten at West Ham.
Arsenal beaten by one of the best bits of comedy defending seen for a while.

And Yeovil will get hammered tomorrow.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
My main worry on saturday was that some of the players, like Calderon & Painter looked rather tired and jaded, having rarely had a game off this season, and that we don't really seem to have addressed the problem of building strength in depth. We could have done with the "special" striker and a couple more quality players in the transfer window. Having said that, if Bournemouth can continue to sustain a strong challenge, why shouldn't we now the cup run is over.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
No, not pissed off at all. Defeats happen, that's all part of the game, and if it wasn't we'd soon get bored. Okay, so we've had two bad performances away to play-off contenders Orient and MK Dons, but it will take more than that to cost us promotion.

Look at the table, and just calm down.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Got over the defeat pretty quickly. Looking forward to tomorrow night, which I reckon is nailed for a draw which will no doubt send this place into melt down about the collapse of our season

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
I didn't find the bournemouth defeat so hard to take as i felt they put up more of a fight and we at least deserved to equalise and we did but the lino called Murray offside. But saturday we didn't deserve to equalise. At one point Murray flicked on a header nicely and Barnes just stood there and watched him.

Bennett worked hard and won us a few free kicks but they were just totally wasted.

Anyway i'm sure they will learn from it and i think Gus and the tean in general now are too professional not to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here