Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else received a letter from DFS?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I received the letter below in the post yesterday. I realise I should perhaps get over it, but I personally still find it offensive and will be writing to Graham to tell him so. I'll post my letter on here when I've written it.

:censored:

Anyone else in the same position?

Attachments

• DFS letter.JPG
    DFS letter.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 589

scooter1

How soon is now?
Yep we got one too. I'd be interested to know where they got our address from as i've never even been to a DFS store, let alone the Goldstone one

Slightly intrusive but i'd get over it if I were you. Ours went straight in the recycling, its not cost us anything, but it has cost them....

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yep we got one too. I'd be interested to know where they got our address from as i've never even been to a DFS store, let alone the Goldstone one

Slightly intrusive but i'd get over it if I were you. Ours went straight in the recycling, its not cost us anything, but it has cost them....

I'm not concerned about the letter's intrusiveness, or how they got my address. Well, actually, I am slightly. It's the idea that I'd even think of going to the Goldstone Retail Park that bothers me.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm not really seeing a problem, I bought a sofa from that DFS last year and very comfortable it is too. DFS are sending out a special offer, all you have to do is chuck it in the recycling, get over it.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It's the idea that I'd even think of going to the Goldstone Retail Park that bothers me.

What do you expect them to do? Hold a database called "Brighton and Hove Albion Supporters we must not send letters to in case it upsets them"

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We received the same and my concern is that if they can afford to offer such reductions the goods must be very overpriced in the first place.

I am sure I read somewhere that instead of putting it in the recycle bin if you put it in another envelope addressed to the sender and then into the post box without a stamp they get charged extra and eventually take you off of their mailing list. The total cost to you is a packet of envelopes from Poundland or similar.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Double ditto.

Maybe they got our addresses from The Electoral Role? The bastards. ???

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I'm not concerned about the letter's intrusiveness, or how they got my address. Well, actually, I am slightly. It's the idea that I'd even think of going to the Goldstone Retail Park that bothers me.

It's not DFS's fault we don't play there any more. Really can't see how you find it any more offensive than any other bit of DM?

If a companies with ties to Archer, Stanley or Bellotti wrote to you then I could understand that.

For my last birthday my staff (who think because I support Brighton I live there) wanted to buy me some golf gear but didn't know what to get, so they got me JJB vouchers because they looked on the store locator and saw there was one in Brighton/Hove! I haven't sacked any of them......yet!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I get similar letters from a company called HRMC who are always inviting me to pay money to them though I have never asked them to comunicate with me or given them any encouragement into thinking that they would ever get a penny out of me.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I get similar letters from a company called HRMC who are always inviting me to pay money to them though I have never asked them to comunicate with me or given them any encouragement into thinking that they would ever get a penny out of me.

:p:laugh:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Dear Mr. Hayward,

Please refrain from being so moody and blue, the comedic proggish jape potential is utterly overwhelming.

Kind Regards,

All the team at DFS.

Why not try our new satin nights sofas... your arse simply won't want to (ahem) "go now!"

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
we know Belotti gave them season ticket holders details

that's why so many of us get them - straight in the recycling!

Then why did I get the same letter?

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Fax them black sheets of paper, that'll learn em.

On a side note, I drove past the other day and realised just how much I miss the 2pm pint in the Hove Park :-(

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
We received the same and my concern is that if they can afford to offer such reductions the goods must be very overpriced in the first place.

I am sure I read somewhere that instead of putting it in the recycle bin if you put it in another envelope addressed to the sender and then into the post box without a stamp they get charged extra and eventually take you off of their mailing list. The total cost to you is a packet of envelopes from Poundland or similar.

How much does a packet of envelopes cost in Poundland?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here