Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone cheering for Millwall at the weekend?

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
got to admit the idea of millwall in europe, is both frightening and mildly amusing - just the prospect of a UEFA cup draw with their name poppin out makes me chuckle!!!

plus there is absolutely no way i can bring myself to support the boring cr*p being served up by sunderland - led by mccarthy, who i've taken a real dislikin to ever since reading roy keane's autobiography, although i appreciate its gonna be biased.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Cool, surprisingly large numbers in favour of Millwall then.

SOmeone post this on a Millwall board, they'll be stunned. They're already complaining that all the neutrals are supporting the Mackems! Still, they appear to relish being disliked, they're going to be gutted to see most of us rooting for them!

In fairness, the club appears to have done more than most to deter the morons. How many other clubs would introduce a membership scheme that results in crowds drop by 20%, just to ensure the pond life can't get in and ruin it for everyone else?

I'd venture that Sam Hammam wouldn't want to chance Cardiff's crowds falling by making it harder for the thugs to gain entry. Theo Paphitis has risked a lot with that, so deserves some credit.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Albion Rob said:
Definately Millwall for me. They are just 90 (or maybe 120) minutes away from flying the flag for us in Europe, which is ridiculous.

Imagine when they get packed off to some lovely Czech toiwn in the first round! The locals won't know what to think. And imagine if the knobs who got the Rome derby called off did they same when thney were playing Millwall. The Lions fans would run them out of the stadium and probably live there.

Plus, when sides have come to England they get to see parts of London that are usually failry nice. What would they make of the pikies who live outside South Bermondsey station?

All in all I think it would be highly amusing for Millwall to be in Europe for a year.

\And they may make the Prem this year too. Now that would upset a lot of people....

have to disagree with you there its not ridiculous. because they deserve it if they get to the final everyone knows the rules

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here