Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone cheering for Millwall at the weekend?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Probably be in a minority of one here, but is anyone else rooting slightly for Millwall in the cup semi final at the weekend?

I know they're not popular and they have a lunatic fringe following them (and Dennis Wise is a little git), but no doubt most of their fans are just normal people, and I think it would be good to see a different club in the final. Sunderland have been there as recently as the 1990, and lets face it, whoever wins is going to get battered by Arsenal/Man United, so I'm marginally favouring Millwall get there.

Partly just to annoy all the rich Premiership clubs who will be seething to see them in Europe, and the BBC, who will blather on about Jim Montgomery's double save for hours in their preview of the semi final, and who will also talk about Millwall's fans in the most sniffy and condescending manner possible.

I don't really care about either team, but if I have to pick one for the occasion, it'll be the Lions.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
edna krabappel said:
. Sunderland have been there as recently as the 1990, and lets face it, whoever wins is going to get battered by Arsenal/Man United, so I'm marginally favouring Millwall get there.

In 1990 Manchester United beat the Palace scum 1-0 in a replay, but they did lose 2-0 to Liverpool in 1992.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
it was meant to read the 1990s, as I wasn't sure of the exact year! But I missed the S off!

Was it 1992 when Sunderland lost to Liverpool?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Im definately Cheering on Millwall.
Sunderland bore me.

And besides i know one of the Millwall players.

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
Yep I am, it'd be great to see them in the cup final. Just think of the carnage! Marvellous scenes!

la-riots.jpg

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Hmm. Remember the winners of the semi-final go into next season's UEFA Cup. Millwall v Galatasaray anyone?

That aside, I'll be cheering for Sunderland msyelf. Partly because I really can't stand Millwall, and partly because my housemate supports Newcastle, and them failing to get into Europe - but Sunderland making it - would be hilarious.

Jason Speaks

Feb 4, 2004
Portslade
Millwall cos then they can fly the flag and lead the firm into europe.

Serioulsy though I think too much has been and will be made out of the fact that Bob Stokoe Died this year and it's their destiny to make it to the final once more.

We had all that sentimental nonsense in 2000 for the last Wembley final when the hype surrounded the possibilty of history going full circle and Bolton returning for the last FA cup to be contested there. Only for the fairytale to be destroyed by Dean Holdsworth innability hit a barndoor from 10 paces.

Dandyman

In London village.
C'mon the Lions. I love the idea of South East London's finest upsetting all those prawn sandwhich munching aqua libra quaffing Manure/Arse fans - bring it on. :clap2:

Albion Rob

Definately Millwall for me. They are just 90 (or maybe 120) minutes away from flying the flag for us in Europe, which is ridiculous.

Imagine when they get packed off to some lovely Czech toiwn in the first round! The locals won't know what to think. And imagine if the knobs who got the Rome derby called off did they same when thney were playing Millwall. The Lions fans would run them out of the stadium and probably live there.

Plus, when sides have come to England they get to see parts of London that are usually failry nice. What would they make of the pikies who live outside South Bermondsey station?

All in all I think it would be highly amusing for Millwall to be in Europe for a year.

\And they may make the Prem this year too. Now that would upset a lot of people....

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Millwall v Galatasaray? Sounds like World War 3!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
definately

We are Millwall
We are Millwall
No one likes us
We don't care.

the best football chant ever

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Jim Montgomery, Bob Stokoe, 1973, marvelous scenes.... Edna yiou ought to be ashamed ofyourself! Mocking the Royal Family as a Greek/German parasitical organism or saying 'Only Fools and Horses' is maudlin tripe is one thing. Having a go at Sunderland's FA Cup triumph is underminig the fabric of British society!

:lolol: :lolol:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Go Milwall . . . .who gives a shit about Sunderland . . . .the ship buildings gone so they may as well close the place down :lolol:

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
Millwall hate P****e

Good enough for me.

PS Galatasaray are having a rubbish season and probably won't qualify.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Millwall feynoord ..UMM that could be interesting ... dont mind which team wins to be honest ,but would love to see nationwide win the FA cup.. would be brill

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I too shall be cheering Millwall, got a couple of mates who support them and i wouldn't want to see them cry...

Also having a soft spot for Newcastle how can i possibly cheer Sunderland?

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I'm rooting for Millwall, Sunderland bore me. Add in I know a couple of people who are fans of Sunderland and will just go on non stop about them making a cup final. So for my sanity and the chance to laugh and point and stuff I am backing Millwall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here