Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Beaujolais ing tomorrow ????

D

Deleted User X18H

I have been invited to a soiree at the Hung Drawn and Quartered in Lower Thames Street by an old client, which probably breaches my compromise, but hey ho if I see any ex colleagues I will just make out I am pissed and don't know where I am .......well that's how they remember me.

Anyone else on the red tomorrow!!!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Anyone Beaujolais ing tomorrow ????

withnailandi2.jpg

Percy Flage

Perfidious Albion Exile
Nov 6, 2008
The High Weald
Making my bid to be NSC Beaujolais correspondent here (hope I spelt it right!)

As I live in the region (the saying here is 3 rivers run through Lyon - Rhone, Saone & Beaujolais) I shall probably be attending a wine tasting or two. The off licences ply you with free samples, and you're not obliged to buy a bottle.

Some French people are a bit snooty about it but it's still quite popular as a cheap and cheerful wine. Nobody pretends it's great quality and realise its best drunk young and it's a bit of an excuse to have a tipple which always goes down well here!

Personally, though by no means a wine connaisseur, I quite like it - light and fruity, bit like drinking fruit juice!

I am actually a bit surprised it's still an event in the uk - I thought it had died out a bit - a few years ago it was a big thing wasn't it, people crossing the channel to be the first to bring the first bottles back etc.

Bonne degustation!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why would I? Beaujolais is shit and that has a lot to do with why the French don't celebrate it's release with any enthusiasm. Nice excuse to pop off to France for a couple of days though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was once told bya wine expert, so he said when he worked for Grants of St James, that the best way to drink Beaujolais Nouveau was chilled just before and after Christmas. In November it is the rubbish the French dont want and just a marketing ploy to sell it to the gullible English hence the original Beaujolais Run to be the first to get it on the table in Britain.

D

Deleted User X18H

No, I have a job and I prefer nice wine.

Thanks for asking though.
You have a job !!!?? Good luck to you sir at the momment I have no job sadly but still have a salary which is actually more fun!!!

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
I am actually a bit surprised it's still an event in the uk - I thought it had died out a bit - a few years ago it was a big thing wasn't it, people crossing the channel to be the first to bring the first bottles back etc.QUOTE]

it's not ! at least not in the world outside of hb&inbred!

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Beaujolais Nouveau is bog standard plonk,however move up to Beaujolais Village and you have a very tasty red,if you want to up the standard further then go for one of the individually named wines e.g. Morgan or Fleurie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here