Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody know anything about cameras?

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
My old digital camera is sadly no more and needs to be replaced,can any of you photographic types out there recommend a decent camera for up to £200 nothing too complex,just for holiday snaps and pics of the wife etc.???

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
You may need to provide more detail about what type of photos you want or intend on taking

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I just bought one of these...
Samsung ST200F SMART Compact Digital Camera - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

It's a pretty good bit of kit in all honesty. If you have a smart phone you can remote shutter from the phone, as well as sending stuff from the camera to the phone. Picture quality is good, but a bit grainy when zoomed in to 10x Optical in poor light (to be expected though).

Some of the features a pointless (like "funny face" and frames) but some are very useful. Also the video quality is good at 720p.

I'd probably give it a 8/10.

I work in Currys, and for the last 3 years, I don't think we have had any cameras (other than 1 Nikon last year) that have come anywhere near the Panasonic TZ range of cameras. So like the posters above, definitely go for a Panasonic TZ anything tbh. with their Lieca lenses they are optically superb for a point and shoot camera.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What camera did you have before?

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
This This This

Panasonic digital TZ range is superb

I have two TZ20's which are used for the new photos for the Album and the Season Ticket site, now some right numpties have used the TZ20 in the season ticket seat and have actually come up with some very good shots! So it must be simple to use with a bit more for those with a bit of technical nouse.

The TZ20 is coming down in price a lot now due to the release of the TZ30 which has a slightly longer zoom (20x rather than 16x) I would recommend this camera whole heartedly.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
canon-ixus-230_hs.jpg

My wife has got this bad boy and its superb at both photos and HD video.

Best thing is, its so small :thumbsup:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Here's a nice simple one that seems pretty decent. I personally try and stay away from Point & Shoot cameras but with a £200 budget you can't really go wrong with one.
Panasonic Lumix TZ18 Digital Camera - Black 3.0 inch: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I just bought one as a present for a very good friend of mine. She's not the most technical of people, but in no time, she had mastered this camera, and has taken some lovely shots.
I've got the TZ 7 which you may have seen some of the pics I posted on here a year or so ago?!! The TZ 18 is even better.
Highly recommend.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Another vote for the Panasonic Tz range. Seems to produce great photos in all sorts of conditions - so much so that I leave my SLR at home a lot of the time these days.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Casio are very good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here