Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody here bank with Co Op ??

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Apparentley they having issues with online banking, automated banking ATM withdrawals and card payments, oh and also you cant pay money in or ring to find out your balance !!!:annoyed:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I do. They're the only ethical (ish) bank on the high street, or at least they used to be. Really good customer service. Shame i can't actually access my money today though!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I did wonder why I couldnt login to my account. Also my lloyds online balance isnt loading either when I try to login :annoyed:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I quit Barclays as they were evil, and as a final straw when I reclaimed some money having cited the direct debit guarantee, they then sent a letter saying they were about to pay the money back out again. Cashed out that afternoon.

I went to open an account the next day, but every bank I went to wouldn't give me an account because I didnt have wage slips or a tax return (I'd been self employed for about 6 months). My several forms of ID, proof of address, and 2 cheques totalling about a grand weren't enough for them.

Walked into Co-op "I need to open an account, I've got ID and these cheques but no proof of income". Cashier: "Fine"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Albion do.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just tried to log on with smile and internet banking is down apparently. This is the first inconvenience I have experienced ever with them. Seems like the banking bug is working it's way round :(

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I did wonder why I couldnt login to my account. Also my lloyds online balance isnt loading either when I try to login :annoyed:

it was OK first thing this morning they normally do their maintainance in the early hours
they are a very ethical bank

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Is that with Smile also, Wookie? Basically, that's my night out screwed if it's the case

Assuming you know you have a balance then go to a supermarket, buy something small and ask for cashback - at least you'll have fifty quid !

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I do but don't bank online. I've used my debit card today with no problems.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
All seems fine for me. I was using internet banking this morning and I've just logged in now and it's all good.

I've been with the Co-Op for about 8 years now and not ONCE have I been disappointed. They never charge me for anything, they're always incredibly helpful when I ring them and transactions are smooth and instantaneous. I even have a free to call number that puts me through to an intelligent British human being who's happy to help me with anything to do with my accounts.

It's exactly how banking should be and you don't even have the guilt of funding arms deals by having your money invested with them. I was also delighted when they announced they'd refused to get involved with investment in a religious organisation as it didn't suit their member profile. Well done Co-Op.

If only their food stores weren't staffed by clueless braindead Polish zombies

I banked with them years ago until frickin BT took £300 notes plus out of me account for ending a contract when it was merely being transferred. Got the money back only for them to repeat the afforementioned jobbie the following month. A letter from the bank followed tewlling me they no longer wished to have my business! So, Santander it is! Co-op can poke it with their ethical banking..my arse!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here