Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any plumbers on here?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Heating and water not working due to lack of water in system. How does one fix this? Laymans terms please, I'm a proper spaz with these things.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Heating and water not working due to lack of water in system. How does one fix this? Laymans terms please, I'm a proper spaz with these things.
In that case you need to turn the tap and top the water up,is your pressure low?

Im not a plummer by the way:laugh:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
not a plumber had the same sort of thing tho i just bled all the rads and the boiler if thats what you have.

Thats £452.17p please

Last edited:

scooter1

How soon is now?
Is the pressure low, is there a dial showing this? If so, under the boiler will be a couple of taps. Open these slowly and you should see the pressure rise, you shouldn't need to go more than a 3rd round the dial - about 10 oclock. Then re-set the boiler, the rise in pressure should kick start the thing - I'm also not a plumber, but our boiler suffers from this from time to time

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
If you have a combi boiler like we have, there should be a valve (usually under the boiler) with a pipe leading to the boiler itself. On our boiler, this recharges the system ie it adds more water when you turn it, until the pressure is back up to normal. This has happened to us a couple of times - usually only needs turning on for a couple of minutes.

However, the first thing you should check is WHY there is a lack of water in the system! Have you got a leak?!?!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Waiting for it to defrost could be an option. Or you could ask your neighbours if they have the same problem.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
My radiators are nice and hot.........you fixed it yet??;)

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
How do you know there's no water in the system ?

Is it a combi boiler or do you have a airing cupboard and tanks in the loft ?

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Another question for all you 'plumbers' out there, why is our overflow pipe always leaking?
I've got a lovely ice rink outside my house though.

Overflow pipes are literally that - too much water in your loo or water tank, depending upon where it coming from.
Either way, it should be a quick adjustment on the ball valve to lower the filling height..hopefully..!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It is f***ing FREEZIO in here. ALLOW it. It's too cold and we are out of toot.

gay

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here