Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any Palace about?

St. Johns got all their money.

Could I ask, if you wouldn't mind, that you at least try to use their name properly when talking about the charity that Crystal Palace Football Club neglected to pay.

Its St John Ambulance, not St Johns.

Ta.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Read on their site that they'd rather have Parr than Bridge :facepalm:

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Could I ask, if you wouldn't mind, that you at least try to use their name properly when talking about the charity that Crystal Palace Football Club neglected to pay.

Its St John Ambulance, not St Johns.

Ta.

Apologies.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Love the comment on that link a few pages back "They do like a marquee signing. Last season they went for Owen and got Vicente lololol"

1. Vicente was a far better signing than Owen would have been
2. Your marquee signing last year was one of our cast-offs on a free transfer that mustered a mighty 7 goals in 44 appearances during your meteoric rise to 17th place in the Championship as we struggled to 10th place.
3. Your "marquee"/pop-up tent signing this season is a 32-year-old striker who has scored 92 goals in nearly 400 appearances, mostly in League Two with Stockport and MK Dons, and you still have the audacity to claim that you beat us to his signature :lolol:

Last edited:

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
Vince Hillaire's Afro said:
Reminds me a bit of the Bellamy situation (except of course that Bellamy had some sort of affection for Cardiff). However, my recollection is that everyone thought that the Bellamy loan was somewhat unsporting. Surely this flies in the face of the purported BHAFC fans' ethos of fair play and being that bit more superior.

Yet another example of the moral vacuum that is Gustavo - the club should hold its head in shame for again indulging its errant son.

Could somebody translate this post by a Palace twerp on their messageboard please?

I read it as: It's not fair. Wayne Bridge is too good to be playing for you. Not fair not fair not fair :cry:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Could somebody translate this post by a Palace twerp on their messageboard please?

I read it as: It's not fair. Wayne Bridge is too good to be playing for you. Not fair not fair not fair :cry:

You appear to have no problem with the translation. :)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Any sign of our resident Palace group since Vicente's re signing?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I'm not actually a great fan of Wayne Bridge but what a turnaround for our Club - just a few years ago sitting at Withdean in the rain watching the lads struggle in Division two - now we are signing the likes of internationals Bridge ,Kuszczak Vicente etc.

An amazing achievement by all at the Club.:albion2:

100% this

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Congratulations on Vincente, a player who quite clearly wants to be with his family in Spain. It will be funny when his "injury problems" increase, and the legend becomes ain't that good anyway !

Crikey, didn't know we signed vincente. I never thought we would be after him tbh, and since when has aldershot been in Spain?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd quite like Palace to get some decent players in as well so we can have a proper rivalry again :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here