Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

any one have big trouble sleeping

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Have had no sleep for 2 nights .....feel so tierd yet cant sleep....does anyone else suffer from the same problem? Had to take my first day off work for 6 years today as could not drive.....also getting really bad stomach pains and keep being sick an going to the toilet loads.My heart is beating ten to the dozen as well.....any one got any good advice as this is ruining my working life...thanks also just dont feel hungry

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Stress is often the cause. Do you drink much caffeine? If so stay off of it completely. Other stuff that helps is light exercise during the day and a Horlicks and/or a wank before bed.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Have had no sleep for 2 nights .....feel so tierd yet cant sleep....does anyone else suffer from the same problem? Had to take my first day off work for 6 years today as could not drive.....also getting really bad stomach pains and keep being sick an going to the toilet loads.My heart is beating ten to the dozen as well.....any one got any good advice as this is ruining my working life...thanks also just dont feel hungry
Sounds pretty nasty all of that, perhaps a trip to see your doctor would be the best option.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Sounds pretty nasty all of that, perhaps a trip to see your doctor would be the best option.

went to doctors today she said I was suffering from stress because I cant sleep and my new job is making it worse.She told me not to sleep during the day and sleep tonight if I can....got food poisioning as well!!! Its shocking how much a lack of sleep can affect your life......

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Go to the doctors.

Most definitely this. Or at the very least a walk in. Had somethin similar in May but with headaches as well and the docs put my mind at rest. Mine was stress related and low immune system. Hope it clears soon.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I have just got Virgin Media in the bedroom... I am up till about 3 4 am watching tv and then off to work at 8.

Last night was watching all my pawn stars and quantum leap recordings then before i sleep i have a quick flick and came across ESPN classic FA Cup games and then i watched the Ali Foreman Rumble in the Jungle... Im always tired now... but this is probably totally different to what you are experiencing.

Good luck though

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I have had problems for about the last 12 years sleeping and rarely fall asleep before 4 in the morning, most nights i just 'rest' lay in a dark room.

At one point I did start having a few beers before bed, but this did no good for the health.

Tried herbal remedies, never tried prescription drugs, but what i have found is proper exercise really helps, although this isnt always easy being at work.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Drinking made me unable to sleep till about three in the morning. Not that I was bashing it, prob four pints three times a week. Gave it up for two years, and all is hunky dory now :smile:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
well im going to try and sleep after the footie.I feel like sleeping now but my doctor said it would be bad as it would stop me sleeping tonight

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you don't already, get some good routines re eating etc, watch what you eat near bed time, and when you go to bed don't think about anything. Don't think about Brighton, work, life - just try and breath in and out slowly, and don't worry how many hours you're doing it for.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
If you don't already, get some good routines re eating etc, watch what you eat near bed time, and when you go to bed don't think about anything. Don't think about Brighton, work, life - just try and breath in and out slowly, and don't worry how many hours you're doing it for.

have cut all coffee and red bull etc out of my diet.....feel so tierd but can never sleep

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Stress is often the cause. Do you drink much caffeine? If so stay off of it completely. Other stuff that helps is light exercise during the day and a Horlicks and/or a wank before bed.

All good advice, particularly nature's Nytol!

I'd also advise avoiding computer, smartphone or TV screens for extended periods before trying to sleep - the light can stop your body producing melatonin (the hormone that helps you sleep). So no NSC before bedtime!
You could also clear your bedroom of as much clutter as possible and, related to the above, get rid of your bedroom TV (if you have one), so as far as possible, you associate your bed & bedroom with sleep.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham

It sounds as if you do not have too long to live.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I have just got Virgin Media in the bedroom... I am up till about 3 4 am watching tv and then off to work at 8.

Last night was watching all my pawn stars and quantum leap recordings then before i sleep i have a quick flick and came across ESPN classic FA Cup games and then i watched the Ali Foreman Rumble in the Jungle... Im always tired now... but this is probably totally different to what you are experiencing.

Good luck though

I'm exactly the same. Had Virgin installed in my room a couple of months back, now I just don't sleep.

Big up Pawn Stars.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Could be electromagnetic radiation - I know people who have problems with electricity cables running near their bed, or sleeping too near to the wi-fi router. It can make you a bit hyper.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Go to the docs get some beta blockers that will sort your racing heart out - I take one a day as I have an irregular heartbeat!

I have trouble sleeping too some nights fine other nights can't sleep at all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here