Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any news from the muddy field?

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Following the recent thread showing superb photos of ditches, piles of mud, a digger and, better than that...marker posts - has anyone observed any further activities? I do think MP is missing an opportunity by not keeping us up to speed on his so called 'weekly' stadium blog. We know he's a busy man, but just a sentence or two to update us regularly would do.

Lush

Mods' Pet
If they have started digging, I think it's a shame that they didn't invite all Brighton fans along for an hour for a symbolic digging ceremony. Maybe had Peter Ward do the first shovel as he's over, then the rest of us pile in. I'm sure everyone here would like to say to their grandchildren when "I helped dig the foundations for this stadium y'know."

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If they have started digging, I think it's a shame that they didn't invite all Brighton fans along for an hour for a symbolic digging ceremony. Maybe had Peter Ward do the first shovel as he's over, then the rest of us pile in. I'm sure everyone here would like to say to their grandchildren when "I helped dig the foundations for this stadium y'know."

Agreed. Think it would have been a great PR idea, and I definitely would have gone.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
It is only the road widening and the coach park at the moment.

I hope they do something like that when the main stadium starts though.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

Peter Ward was on site on Saturday morning apparently, I nearly went on the field with another NSCer last weekend to have a "symbolic" kick of a football, but the mobile phone camera wasnt up to scratch

It is only the road widening and the coach park at the moment.

I hope they do something like that when the main stadium starts though.

They are digging up the actual field where the stadium is, only Archeolgists(sp) but they havent touched the roads or where the coach park will be yet

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
They are digging up the actual field where the stadium is, only Archeolgists(sp) but they havent touched the roads or where the coach park will be yet
Yeah, isn't this only the archeological survey? Nothing to do with the actual construction.

I agree with Lush, I think there should be some sort of 'turf cutting' ceremony when construction really starts.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
When I said I was going to the field last Sunday to take some pictures, I lied.
I'm going to do it THIS Sunday instead.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
> Peter Ward was on site on Saturday morning apparently

Tuesday morning actually. I picked him up from the airport and we stopped by there. There was loads of work going on and quite a few diggers there.
He was genuinely delighted to see it with his own eyes.

> Peter Ward was on site on Saturday morning apparently

Tuesday morning actually. I picked him up from the airport and we stopped by there. There was loads of work going on and quite a few diggers there.
He was genuinely delighted to see it with his own eyes.

Is that your ex-friend Wardy?:thumbsup: Or are you not who I think you are?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Is that your ex-friend Wardy?:thumbsup: Or are you not who I think you are?

Correct; my ex-mate Wardy. I did make him sit in the back of the car just in case anyone saw me.
And we definitely didn't go to the Derby game together and he's not having a beer with me right now.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We need one of these LiveCam things, like they had with some ducks hatching in Shoreham once. Got millions of internet hits.

Good idea or good idea?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
We need one of these LiveCam things, like they had with some ducks hatching in Shoreham once. Got millions of internet hits.

Good idea or good idea?

good idea, think it has been mentioned by the club, only a matter of time I hope!

Correct; my ex-mate Wardy. I did make him sit in the back of the car just in case anyone saw me.
And we definitely didn't go to the Derby game together and he's not having a beer with me right now.

Tell him it's his round in the Evening Star tomorrow-and he's in the back of the cab too...especially if YMCA is on the radio.

Lush

Mods' Pet
problem is, IF fans were invited it could cause issues as I would imaging a HUGE amount wanting top attend. Maybe the club could auction off, say 250 places to be the first to dig at Falmer. Good PR and also raise money too?

Love you Pete but a big fat BOLLOCKS to that. It's a ploughed field big enough for a football stadium. Even if a thousand people turn up - or more, what damage or "issues" could be caused in a muddy field? Is this a Community Stadium or isn't it?

Every single Brighton fan has already done more than enough to earn their right to say "I helped build this stadium. I even helped dig the foundations."

PLOUGHER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here