Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any hotel suggestions for Liverpool?

Just booked my flights, I need a hotel for Friday Saturday and Sunday, preferably with fairly easy access to Anfield, the Airport and the City Centre. I don't know the area at all, only been to Anfield once in 1983!

Any (reasonably sensible) suggestions welcomed.

Merseyside Seagull

Dec 18, 2003
Wirral
If you're staying 3 nights, booking a self contained apartment is better value.

But if it's hotel's you'e after, Crowne Plaza, Atlantic Towers, Radison, Holiday Inn are all in the city centre. If you're after more budget hotels - Campanile, Formula One etc are all around the city centre.

PM me if you need further information.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
We are staying at the Liverpool Stoneycroft Travelodge. £29 per room.

Oh, that's just for Sunday night, don't know what 3 nights costs.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
There's an offer on today, a night at the Holiday Inn Express plus breakfast for £39 instead of £99

http://www.kgbdeals.co.uk/national/deals/78419/one-night-liverpool----holiday-inn-express---national?utm_source=ym&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dailydeal&utm_term=78419&utm_content=national&kigdb=f95ee27c-2569-11e0-830a-0024e8696030

•Save up to 61% on a one-night stay for two at the Holiday Inn Express in Liverpool
•Enjoy a breakfast buffet the following day
•Within easy reach of Liverpool city centre and John Lennon Airport
•All bookings must be made by 31st March 2012

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Merseyside Seagull... or anybody else who knows Liverpool well... what would you suggest about getting back to Lime Street after the game? Wait for a bus, and then sit in traffic, or make the journey on foot? This relates specifically to those of us on the 19.48 service back to London (oh and i assume there's a shop at Lime Street where we can pick up some shant for the journey?)

We are staying at the Liverpool Stoneycroft Travelodge. £29 per room.

Oh, that's just for Sunday night, don't know what 3 nights costs.

Over 100 quid for Saturday night alone.

I've just booked a Perier Inn in Bromborough, 20 minutes train to city centre, 117 quid for 3 nights.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Merseyside Seagull... or anybody else who knows Liverpool well... what would you suggest about getting back to Lime Street after the game? Wait for a bus, and then sit in traffic, or make the journey on foot? This relates specifically to those of us on the 19.48 service back to London (oh and i assume there's a shop at Lime Street where we can pick up some shant for the journey?)

There is a (crap) boozer in the station and a shop but like all station shops its not the cheapest for beers. I'm sure for us gay boys there wont be an alcohol ban but I don't know what the score is on match days as I normally go during the week.

As for travel. Buses go from the bus station which is just down the hill from Lime Street station (17a,b,c, so I'm told, bus station is signposted if memory serves). Alternatively, jump in a cab which go from the left hand side of the station as you get off the train (next to Platform 9). 20 minutes should be more than enough but the trouble is getting one on the way back. Bit of a hike to walk albeit downhill on the way back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here