Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

aNY GOOD DRUM AND BASS ALBUM OUT RIGHT NOW?

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Anything anyone can recommend? I prefer the intelligent stuff a bit more the the MC driven material..........

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Fabios got a Liquid mix out which I heard a bit of and sounded pretty good.

London Elektricity have a decent artist album out.

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Kate Bush has just released a new album.Try that instead

E

enigma

I dont know of any coming out.

I do have a superb bit of a guy called D Double E mcing over jungle on Rinse FM. But seeing as you're a nobgoblin I wont give it you.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
enigma said:
I dont know of any coming out.

I do have a superb bit of a guy called D Double E mcing over jungle on Rinse FM. But seeing as you're a nobgoblin I wont give it you.

Give it to me.

Only d'n'd album I've checked for a while is the Pendulum album, which I enjoyed.

E

enigma

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Give it to me.

Only d'n'd album I've checked for a while is the Pendulum album, which I enjoyed.

How do you want me to send it to you? Its about 10/15 minutes long, f***ing good.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Word, was just gonna mention the Pendulum artist album. Not sure how recent it is though. Best one I've heard since Shot Down on Safari.

As for mix albums, High Contrast has a Cd coming out in the Fabric series next month. Could be good

Have a lookie http://www.fabriclondon.com/label/release.php?item=fl25/hig

E

enigma

Ah Max, just remembered I've got another good set from Rinse, about an hour and a half long. Dugs on the decks and Riko from Roll Deep on mic. Very good set about 40 MB. Shall I fling that your way as well?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Fabric DnB albums have been awful as a rule. And C and Hypes was rank bad and J Majiks was a joke. DnB for 16 year olds!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
enigma said:
Ah Max, just remembered I've got another good set from Rinse, about an hour and a half long. Dugs on the decks and Riko from Roll Deep on mic. Very good set about 40 MB. Shall I fling that your way as well?

yeah mate, lovely. first one recieved. nice.

E

enigma

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
yeah mate, lovely. first one recieved. nice.

Cool. Just sending that over now, will take a bit longer but should be there fairly soon.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Albion Dan said:
Fabric DnB albums have been awful as a rule. And C and Hypes was rank bad and J Majiks was a joke. DnB for 16 year olds!

True. And similarly their breakbeat (nu-skool) efforts have been way off the mark so far.

Fabric the brand and Fabric the label seem to be coasting without trying these days and I hope they buck their ideas up soon.

Went to Union (formerly Zap) for the first time the other night to see Will Saul and he was banging out some really thumping tech house, the kind I've not experienced in Fabric for years now, and proof that the genre isn't dead. It just seems that some of Fabric's DJ's are. Not mentioning any names (Craig Richards).

Oh hang about, isn't this a football forum?

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Bluejuice said:
True. And similarly their breakbeat (nu-skool) efforts have been way off the mark so far.

Fabric the brand and Fabric the label seem to be coasting without trying these days and I hope they buck their ideas up soon.

Went to Union (formerly Zap) for the first time the other night to see Will Saul and he was banging out some really thumping tech house, the kind I've not experienced in Fabric for years now, and proof that the genre isn't dead. It just seems that some of Fabric's DJ's are. Not mentioning any names (Craig Richards).

Oh hang about, isn't this a football forum?

The latest Carl Craig cd is a corker imo and that High Contrast is looking good from the t/l. As for B/B I really enjoyed the Freeland one and the Plumps first was good.

Havent been to the club much recently but doing Hawtin on the 19th.

As for this being a football forum its more like a girlie bitch fest lately.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Not heard the Carl Craig one to be fair.

Didn't like the Freeland one though and there are far better Plumps mixes about. In fact to date the entire Y4K series pisses all over the Fabric breaks related offerings.

And Mr Dan I shall miss you by 24 hours as I'm doing Fabric on Friday 18th for the Finger Lickin' night.

As for NSC being a girly bitch fest, surely not?

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
With you there, O.

Been a bit out of the loop with D & B for a while.

Last 12" I bought was the Nutone remix of Roni Size's Strictly Social. Great tune.

I prefer the rollers. Any good recommendations?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Albion Dan said:
Fabios got a Liquid mix out which I heard a bit of and sounded pretty good.

London Elektricity have a decent artist album out.

Mate of mine drums for London Elektricity, Lunatic Chris. Very talented bloke. Has also drummed for Hype, Zinc and co, I think :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here