Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anramovitch and Chelsea

Raooooool

Nov 21, 2003
Shirley, Croydon
Question

If a benefactor such as the Russian guy bought the Albion and poured 100s of millions into the team.

What would it mean to you?

Now come on think about it.

Would it be football as we know it?

What would it feel like turning up at games, home and away, expecting to win convincingly?

To me it would lose its appeal.

My love for 'The Albion' is the sweet taste of success balanced against the bitter taste of defeat. The feeling of outright frustration at losing at home on a wet and windy day. Then winning away on a bright sunny day.

The ability to cheer the boys on whilst being able to laugh at the comedy of the fortunes of our club.

I am only scratching the surface at such an emotive subject yet I feel it is worthy of some debate.

Surely our love of the club lies within its perilous fortunes..do we really want muliti-million pound Crespo's and prima-donna Brazilians - who are light years away from our way of life?

Discuss.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
it would be nice. dont forget it wouldnt last forever then we could one day be crap again. just for you. i know what you mean though. as the best day out at brighton match for me was hereford. i wouldnt of been there had we been any good.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I dunno Raool, maybe we just tell ourselves that because we haven't got a loaded chairman waiting in the wings.

It would be nice to have a wealthy bloke running the club - but the chance of them geting bored would scare me. In the end, it aint worth it - let's keep the club a local concern, we ought to be able to support a club capable of flirtations with the Premiership. That'll do me...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yes. What's going to happen to Chelsea when he either gets bored, gets killed, or the Russian gov't grabs all his money?

If it happened to us as graz says we might enjoy a purple patch for a while but at what cost? I don't want some future Archer selling Falmer for development to clear the debts left when the Sugar Daddy pulls out.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
id love it, seriously.
Premiership and Champions league football etc etc.

Your mad if you didnt want it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here