Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another way to look at the last two games....

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Yes we haven't set the world alight but we have WON 4 POINTS OUT OF A POSSIBLE SIX.

I'm not sure what people were expecting at the start of the season, but I personally feel we are doing OK.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Fair point, on the predict the results thread before the 5 home game run I thought we would get nothing against Tranmere, so we are doing better than I had expected. I am mystified why Chelts are so low in the table because they actually play pretty decent football, think that keeping Gillespie when the transfer window was open really gave them a kick, almost better than signing a new player. At least we gave them some of their own medicine last night, though we didn't have to wait until injury time for our goals.

scarfer1

Jun 1, 2004
London
Fair point, on the predict the results thread before the 5 home game run I thought we would get nothing against Tranmere, so we are doing better than I had expected. I am mystified why Chelts are so low in the table because they actually play pretty decent football, think that keeping Gillespie when the transfer window was open really gave them a kick, almost better than signing a new player. At least we gave them some of their own medicine last night, though we didn't have to wait until injury time for our goals.

If you're under the impression that Chelts 'actually play pretty decent football' then i'm not surprised you're satisfied with how we're paying at the moment.

Last night was terrible to watch - on the up side, at least DW realised that and changed it around - there may be hope for him yet! ???

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I didn't go last night but was at Chelts two weeks ago, I was basing my judgement on that game. On that evidence they were far more eager to win the ball, retained posession better than we did, tried to play it out of defence rather than hoof it into touch and crucially never gave up believing they could win...which they did. A somewhat simplistic view maybe but I can only base my opinions on what I see before me, in flashes at Chelts we were pretty good but couldn't maintain that performance over the whole 90 minutes and that is the difference between being a successful team and an also ran.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I think the other thing to look at is that last season we went on 2 or 3 runs of losing 5 or 6 games on the spin, that has not happened, yet this season. If those losing streaks are avoided it is another improvement. We won last night, yes we won ugly, but football is in reality about the result and not the performance.

The reality of the current side is it will not go up. The transfer window saw to that and the blame for some of that has to rest in the boardroom.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I think the other thing to look at is that last season we went on 2 or 3 runs of losing 5 or 6 games on the spin, that has not happened, yet this season. If those losing streaks are avoided it is another improvement. We won last night, yes we won ugly, but football is in reality about the result and not the performance.

The reality of the current side is it will not go up. The transfer window saw to that and the blame for some of that has to rest in the boardroom.

Agrre re the transfer window. If we can keep our better players at the end of this season and add 3 or 4 good signings (big if I guess) then I think next season could be a good one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here