Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another player puts the boot into knight

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Hammond statement in the argos seems to support past comments from Goerge, Bas and co who have left recently>

"In the summer and at the beginning of the season there was a buzz around the club with new players coming in, the gaffer having been in for a year and the younger players gaining experience.

"Just before Christmas we were in the play-offs, looking strong. Then things happened over Christmas which everyone knows about.

"Maybe if something had been done then we wouldn't be in the situation we are now."

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what happened? a loanee mouthed off and another player claimed he wasnt getting the deal he thought he deserved. Now Hammond goes for not dissimilar reasons - pressure from agents to make a move for their benefit.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So Hammond made his decision to leave over Xmas did he ? If he was so happy at the beginning of the season, why didn't he sign his contract ? The words gullible and naive don't begin to sum up some of the posters on here :rolleyes:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
he was my favourite player over the last 3 years, but that just sounds angry as nothing was sorted and he wanted to stay

still a stupid thing to say, and now it wouldnt suprise me if he now had funnily enough been a Colchester fan his whole life, just like Virgo and Harding had been Celtic and Leeds fans their whole lives

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's just the same story though... and it would appear it's all down to money.

There's nothing else to suggest it isn't.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Does anyone know what the issue with Jakey was. Someone allured to him putting a message on his facebook about "the truth will out"

All very strange

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
"I played in the Championship with Brighton before and loved it and very much wanted to play with Brighton again in the Championship but maybe that wasn't going to happen as soon as I would have liked.

"Colchester have given me that opportunity and I have taken it."

sums it up for me and that's from his own mouth and I understand we offered an improved deal with a get out clause if a championship team offered a certain amount of money at the end of the season and we hadn't got promoted that he could go but he chose to go to Colchester for 4 months of Championship football

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Did Hammonds performances warrant him being club captain?
Did Hammond use his position as club captain do motivate players on the field of play?
Did Hammond appear to command respect?
Did Hammond back up his claim about ambition for the club by moving to an ambitious club?

The answer to all these questions is NO. There have been many times this season when I have thought that Hammond should have been substituted as his performances where rubbish but he has stayed on because of the armband he was wearing. So to see him go for £250,000 is a blessing IMHO given we would have got diddly squat for him in the summer. He will no doubt be playing League One football next season if he stays with Colchester, though I doubt his over inflated ego will allow him to.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dean Who?

The guy who scored a few goals every now and then. And disappeared too much on a regular basis in games?

Dean Who?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Enjoy your four months of Championship football then Hammond.

Dickhead.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
End of the day, in about 31 months we should be playing at Falmer ,while he will be playing in a tin pot new stadium, at a club going nowhere, except downwards.

His choice....and hopefully all the unrest is now gone

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Enjoy your four months of Championship football then Hammond.

Dickhead.

thats what i cant understand ? ok, so he wants championship football, but why go to colchester ? as you say they will almost certainly be in division 1 next season, i think its the money, to many footballers nowadays only think about money.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
thats what i cant understand ? ok, so he wants championship football, but why go to colchester ? as you say they will almost certainly be in division 1 next season, i think its the money, to many footballers nowadays only think about money.

but do you think colchester could honestly offer him more than we could?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Bye bye Deano, enjoy 4 months of struggling before we see you next season:bigwave::thumbsup:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It may be an obvious point to make but isn't "I wanted them to discuss my contract earlier" just another less greedy-sounding way of saying "I wanted them to pay a lot me more money earlier"? It's the same thing.

Anyway - the thick twat probably did give an interview to a shopping catalogue. BOOOO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here