Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another PES4 thread

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Final new features list...

Teams
* Official licenses for Eredivisie NV (Holland), Serie A (Italy) and La Liga (Spain). All clubs from these leagues will have correct names, player names, and official kits.
* 138 club teams.
* Addition of Latvia to national team selection.

Master League
* Players now age, with stats that change as they get older, before eventually retiring. New players are introduced at a very young age to replace the ones who have retired.
* 3 choices when beginning the Master League:
1. Start with regular ML fake players (Castoro, Njord, Cellini, etc)
2. Start with regular ML fake players, but with 3 real-life players of your choice to replace 3 fake players (for example replace Baroja, Vorlander and Matt with Makaay, Lucio and Scholl if you are Bayern Munich).
3. Start with chosen team's real-life squad (Real Madrid start with Zidane, Raul, etc).

Game Engine
* Free-kick changes, including in-direct free-kicks, moveable wall and goalkeeper.
* New passing technique, whereby the pass will depend on how long the button is held in for. For example, if facing 2 team-mates, holding in X for longer would pass the ball to the farthest team-mate, while a tap would pass to the nearer man. This also applies to through passing and crossing.
* Ball no longer appears to be 'stuck' to the player's foot, it responds indenpendently of player movement.
* New dribble techniques and feints.
* More penalty and free-kick animations.
* Re-worked AI.
* Football rules updated.
* 6 star difficulty unlockable in WEShop.

Appearance/Environment
* Injury Time indicator, showing exactly how much injury time is left.
* Referees will be seen on pitch during the game.
* According to the pitch conditions, wear and tear/dirt may appear on players' uniforms.
* Player models re-done.
* New stadia, so far: Rasunda (Sweden), Stade Velodrome (Marseille), Parc de Princes (PSG), De Kuip (Feyenoord), St. James' Park (Newcastle), Westfalonstadion (Borussia Dortmund).
* Re-designed menu layout.
* Competition name editor unlockable in WE Shop.
* JFA licenced Japan A team and Japan U23 team.
* No online play.

Officially licensed by Eredivisie NV: real team names, player names and uniforms.
Ronaldinho's "Flip-Flap" move is included
The "La Bona" move is in the game (where the player crosses his legs to cross/pass the ball, recently seen done by Ronaldo in FA Cup Final)
Player actions increased: many motions of dribbling, trapping, shooting etc
Move off ball runners in front of goal using
Changes have occured when players slide for the ball
Big changes in keepers AI and movement
Big changes in training mode
Easy formation setup
Direction of crosses can be controlled

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
138 Clubs Teams eh? Brighton per chance?

Will give this one a go but it has to improve on PES3 IMO, I wont go into details again though!

Cant believe theres NO online play? in this day and age gamers SCREAM out for online games...they'd make shitloads more cash if they did! Shocking I think.

Last edited:

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Pah - online, schmonline!

As long as i dont have to wait ages while it selects the commentary language, I'll be happy!!!

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
"Ball no longer appears to be 'stuck' to the player's foot, it responds indenpendently of player movement"

ut-oh

Liking the updates, especially fact that players age...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
pah...im not forking out money on a shitty Xbox just for online play, they need to sort themselves out and realise that online playstarted with PCs anot not just poxy games machines.

speaking of amazingly decent games (ok i was'nt but) Doom3 is getting closer.....:clap2:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
CrabtreeBHA said:
pah...im not forking out money on a shitty Xbox just for online play, they need to sort themselves out and realise that online playstarted with PCs anot not just poxy games machines.

Mate, you PIRATE GAMES so why do Konami give a f*** about you? :lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Wozza said:
Mate, you PIRATE GAMES so why do Konami give a f*** about you? :lolol:

aahh but to play online games these days its best to have the original as its easy to track and stop pirates using copys whilst playing online. Hence i'll be BUYING Doom3/Half-Life 2 etc. And besides I bought Cricket 2004 and that has'nt got online play :p

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Wozza said:
And then did a copy for Trigger. Well done. :clap2:

no I never <cough>

For which he still owes me an Oranjeboom thanks for reminding me :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Online play is for people with NO MATES.

Get a multitap and play 2 player vs 2 player, thats a bloody great laugh.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Online play is for people with NO MATES.

Get a multitap and play 2 player vs 2 player, thats a bloody great laugh.

yeah getting your mates around for an evening is a good laugh, but telling them your top of the Prem playing against other players all ove the world would be on helluva gloating moment!

Online play is the way forward for this game....its HAS to be done.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
CrabtreeBHA said:
Online play is the way forward for this game....its HAS to be done.
But where's the satisfaction in it ? How can it compare with executing a sexy little 1-2, splitting your mates defence, charging in on goal and RAMMING it home, then turning and watching their FACE, gloating as you force them to witness numerous replays from every conceivable angle, almost driving them to the point of violence...

Playing on-line and going three-up against some unknown geek sitting there in his underpants somewhere in Belgium...naah, I know what I'd prefer.

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
so what happens when your mates ring up and say "cant tonight easy I promised my bird i'll take them to a westlife gig!" and your home alone? Next best thing is to play online and kick the crap outta some Palarse supporting scum 9-0!

I'm not arguing against playing with mates as that is the best no end, just the online play iis f***ing good aswell and I'd love to see it in this game.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fair enough Crabbers, maybe as a 2nd choice the online thing has something going for it.

(I got a lot of grief from my mates missus about that Westlife thread by the way - seems she didn't take to kindly to me starting a thread about it, and other people then coming on here saying she's a bitch) :rolleyes:

Oh well.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Why does the Master League give you the option to choose between having fake players, 3 real players and the rest fake, or all real players? What's the point of that?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
tumbleweed.jpg

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
woah that is a good goal!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here