Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another hat-trick for Jakey

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I see from the Sports Argus that Albion's youth team beat Southend 4-0 today, with 3 more goals for Jake Robinson. He's now scored 8 in 4 games and is really on fire. Also, Ben Watson scored again for Bognor in a 1-1 draw at Conference South leaders Hornchurch.

South Stand Zealot

Jul 8, 2003
Haywards Heath
Jake is a natural goal scorer with great promise.

Problem is he's on the small size but so is Leon one might say.

IMHO Knight has not really been doing the business for some time now and possibly teaming Jake with Virgo or McPhee (when fit) could produce some real surprises.

"Here's looking to you kid !"

:smokin:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I think Magoo is trying to work on Jake's strenght before rbinging him back into the 1st team squad. Although Leon is a tiny wee man he is quite strong whereas Jake has been a little lightweight. hopefully in a couple of months he would have got a bit stronger and then he will be a right handful for all those Championship defences.
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We won't here the end of this from Dessie :(

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
bha.fatboy said:
hopefully in a couple of months he would have got a bit stronger and then he will be a right handful for all those Championship defences.

He gave Reading a bit of a fright :lolol:

He will be back stronger and better than ever.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Denton Destroyer will be ready for next season when Leon has left.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
dougdeep said:
The Denton Destroyer will be ready for next season when Leon has left.

dunno why, but i get the feeling that could be right.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Out of interest, it was a year ago this Wednesday, 13th October,that Jake broke the record for Albion's youngest goalscorer .

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Kalimantan Gull said:
Not really surprising that a guy capable of scoring goals in the Championship gets a hattrick at youth team level?

Not something to go mad about now

The point is that he still gives 100% wherever he plays.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
His time will come - although a odd 10 mins or so here and there must surely help - we just mustnt expect too much too soon and give the lad a chance to progress and realise his potential

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Is that Albion's youth team vs the full international Scotland team?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Only seen him play once this season other than at Reading and I have to say that he is still very lightweight and gets pushed off the ball far too easily when he is trying to hold it up.

I dont think it would do any harm to farm him out to Crawley or any of the Conf South Clubs because at least he would be involved in real competitive football, rather than the reserve league 'bounce games' that more or less turn into a kick about in the second half.

Most Conf South teams are better than the standard we play to in the reserve league.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here